Board logo

Just joined the Striker club
Sundaydriver - 19/9/16 at 10:08 PM

By the way, how long does it take for the 'make a donation please' red flag to disappear... lol !?

Just taken possession of a Blue Mk2 , K series, lovely guy selling it, and a lovely car 👍

[Edited on 19/9/16 by Sundaydriver]

jeffw - 20/9/16 at 05:35 AM

You can join the JPSC straight away and show us your lovely new lightweight Striker David.

JPSC

Sundaydriver - 20/9/16 at 05:39 AM

I already did lol, just emailed 'chris' to ask why I'm still locked out ha ha !

Posting photos is very last century on here is it ?

pekwah1 - 21/9/16 at 09:43 AM

i saw this one on the bay of e, looks like you got yourself a bargain there!
Good luck and we'll keep an eye out for the obvious "what's this then" threads

Sundaydriver - 21/9/16 at 10:21 AM

I'm liking yours in profile pic, think I saw it online, how did you get it all blue lol, is it painted alloy ?

pekwah1 - 21/9/16 at 10:34 AM

Yeh it's just painted alloy.
I actually got it like this, it's a Ford colour but still needs lacquering...

Where are you based there, anywhere local?
PS. you can put a location on your profile and it gets displayed:

<---------- Here (ish)

Sundaydriver - 21/9/16 at 10:57 AM

Sorted :-)

Must admit the Striker wasn't the JP car that always took my heart, it's the Fury, and other full bodied cars that did. But this came up and seems like a good Un. So we'll see how it all progresses, and if I get on with it. I've no specific plans, other than to just drive her and enjoy it, but track time is certainly a possibility at Abingdon maybe or even Combe, or Llandow. I'd guess Brands is your patch ?
This will be quicker than my Elise in a straight line, so it'll be a blast, and I'll be learning FR again, after having a Mx5 Mk1 a couple of years back.

Horsham is a bit far ... maybe I'll get to a meet. I've been to Stoneleigh for the last two years, and before that went there probably 30 years ago , done the marriage, kids but etc, and grandkids too now !

What do folks do about lights on these, one of my first thoughts was to fit smaller lighter brighter units ?

pekwah1 - 22/9/16 at 11:12 AM

Haha, took me a while to work out your location there.... My brother actually used to live in Cheltenham over your way!
Yeh my nearest is Brands, i want to go over to Bedford again at some point, it's quite a fun track for d*icking about (in a sensible way of course), and has virtually nothing you can ever crash into!

Yeh i'm sure they'll be some opportunity to meet in the future, i'm definitely planning on going on a wales trip at some point, great scenery and some superb roads over there!

Sundaydriver - 22/9/16 at 11:39 AM

Cotswolds on route , Hereford area, up through mid wales .., please drop by :-)

I've done lakes and Derbyshire more than once in Elise, so we'll see how the striker comfort ranks before I commit to Bedford !!!

pekwah1 - 22/9/16 at 12:12 PM

What seats have you got in yours?
I had JK composites fibre glass ones in my previous striker, they were pretty comfortable, but did need to cut out the side bits.
I've got what i would called padded bench seats in this one currently, not bad and have no sides so that's as wide as you'd get!