Board logo

In for a penny........
Jon Ison - 24/11/09 at 09:50 AM

In for a pound.

All this doom and gloom on the news re economy as made us think long and hard over this decision.

Today we have signed the lease on new premiss's opening January 1st 2010, what started as a hobby for the Mrs as now outgrown first home, then a small lock up followed by the small industrial unit we currently occupy to the point we have decided to move once more.

The new unit is just 700yds from the M1 J29a, so if any locostbuilders are passing in the new year feel free to pop in and say hello, it is my intention once settled to take the car down there so I can tinker during those quiet moments, I often feel I could be doing all those little jobs that need doing now but the car is stuck at home untouched and by the time I get home the motivation as gone.

Anyhow we have took the plunge and will be looking to do something we have never done before, look to employ assistance, here's to 2010.

Dangle_kt - 24/11/09 at 09:52 AM

All the best jon and mrs ison!

What is her hobby?

Jon Ison - 24/11/09 at 09:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt

What is her hobby?

Trying to find out the true cost of parts fitted to the car.......

It all started a few years ago, I was working in China and we was chatting on MSN,

Mrs "I have just bought a pallet of cooker hoods"

Me "What"

Mrs "A pallet of cooker hoods"

The rest is history, we have been holding the venture back for a while now due to been soooooooo busy for the two of us and space constraints.

paul the 6th - 24/11/09 at 10:00 AM

+ 1 what's the hobby?

I'm in the process of looking for office space nearer to my home in york as the 70 mile round trip everyday is starting to grind me down. I've found some lovely little offices with mini indoor loading bays which have a roller door. I had the exact same thought "I could stick my build in there!"

Congratulations on the new premises, good luck with the upscaling of your efforts and wish you well finding the right people for the job

Steve Hignett - 24/11/09 at 10:05 AM

Awesome news mate...

Best of Luck, although I doubt you'll need it!

balidey - 24/11/09 at 10:08 AM

Buying stuff is a hobby?
Great, now I can tell my wife she does have a hobby afterall.

Good luck with the venture.

welderman - 24/11/09 at 10:15 AM

Best of luck mate, keeping hobbies at work is good, but if the mrs is there too thats not so good, , well done for giong for it though.

bob - 24/11/09 at 10:25 AM

Nice one jon all the best for the new year in the new premises

nick205 - 24/11/09 at 10:34 AM

Best of luck Jon (& Mrs Jon)

Still not sure exactly what the venture is though...???

Is it buying up surplus kitchen stock and selling it on eBay?

Liam - 24/11/09 at 10:43 AM

^^ something like that.

Best of luck, Jon!

jeffw - 24/11/09 at 10:47 AM

I'm guessing this might be something to do with it

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/hood-mania2008

TimC - 24/11/09 at 10:56 AM

Good luck Jon.

Malc @ Yorkshire Engines tells me that the economy will be 'booming in two month's time.' I have to say that my economics degree tells me something different but I don't think someone in your line of work should be deterred.

Use what you have well, run tight and it's as good an opportunity to flourish as at any other time.

mookaloid - 24/11/09 at 12:10 PM

Aye good luck with it all Jon

PAUL FISHER - 24/11/09 at 12:26 PM

Good to here your doing well Jon working for yourself,especially in the current climate,best of luck for the future.

Alan B - 24/11/09 at 03:11 PM

All the best with the venture Jon. It sounds like you are doing it the correct way...building it up nice and steadily.