Board logo

I'm in Love (Motorbike Content!)
scootz - 6/1/10 at 01:50 PM

Moved into the Se7en scene many years ago cos my back just wouldn't allow me to keep on with my love of Sports-Bikes. I never 'got' any other type of bike... especially cruisers.

Sat on one of these Rocket III's a while back and it felt super-comfy... but still, I didn't 'get' it... perhaps it's an age-thing cos 4 years on, I'm slavering for one! Think I'll book a long test-ride with my local Triumph dealer once better weather allows to see how my back holds up.

Anyway... although not a standard colour-scheme, if I got one, then it would be heading off to Bike-Paints in Cupar to get this done...

Image deleted by owner

[Edited on 6/1/10 by scootz]

fesycresy - 6/1/10 at 01:53 PM

Nope still don't 'get' it.

When did you turn 60 ?

scootz - 6/1/10 at 01:54 PM

I was born an OAP!

paul the 6th - 6/1/10 at 01:56 PM

"2294cc it’s the world’s largest capacity production motorcycle" - triumph.co.uk

and probably has more torque than loose women

http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/Triumph_Rocket_III_Specifications.aspx

scootz - 6/1/10 at 02:07 PM

Been reading a bit about them and a decent air filter, exhaust and power-commander will see a rise to 170bhp and 215Nm.

Not the fastest bike by any means, but still good for sub 3 second 0-60's and Quarter-Mile times around the 10.5 second mark!

paul the 6th - 6/1/10 at 02:08 PM

"don't be shy, whack a turbo on it!"

maximill666 - 6/1/10 at 02:09 PM

Nice

scootz - 6/1/10 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paul the 6th

Lol... I see TTS do a Supercharger kit for it! I'd be a bit wary of going down that route though as I'm sure Triumph could have got more power from the engine quite easily, but I'm guessing they kept it where it is due to the limits of other components (shaft drive system, etc).

mookaloid - 6/1/10 at 02:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by paul the 6th

Lol... I see TTS do a Supercharger kit for it! I'd be a bit wary of going down that route though as I'm sure Triumph could have got more power from the engine quite easily, but I'm guessing they kept it where it is due to the limits of other components (shaft drive system, etc).

It's probably as fast as a bike of that syle needs to be - and then some

jeffw - 6/1/10 at 02:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWItNukwxqM

scootz - 6/1/10 at 02:35 PM

franky - 6/1/10 at 03:24 PM

makes me feel sick

02GF74 - 6/1/10 at 03:35 PM

why not? do it before G Brown taxes all the money out yer purse.

Humbug - 6/1/10 at 04:00 PM

Doesn't do it for me I'm afraid...

Dangle_kt - 6/1/10 at 04:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvjOZV7i3lY

scootz - 6/1/10 at 05:54 PM

Coool... !

r1_pete - 6/1/10 at 06:03 PM

Test rode one 18 months or so back, gave me back ache, couldn't shift my weight of my arse. On my sports bike I can shift it between arms, legs and the afore mentioned.

Initially feels very heavy, but its low CoG so quite easy to handle, with big bars lots of leverage......

Triton - 6/1/10 at 06:49 PM

Fugly looking thing imho....bikes should have clip ons or renthal bars and rear sets not "village people style " two wheeled arm chairs no matter how old you are.

Triton - 6/1/10 at 06:52 PM

Nice oil cooled GSXR with renthal bars and a mad loud exhaust or better still a screaming stroker........who wants to get old let alone feel old riding a padded arm chair....

maximill666 - 6/1/10 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Nice oil cooled GSXR with renthal bars and a mad loud exhaust or better still a screaming stroker........who wants to get old let alone feel old riding a padded arm chair....

A Streetfighters man I presume?

fesycresy - 6/1/10 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Fugly looking thing imho....bikes should have clip ons or renthal bars and rear sets not "village people style " two wheeled arm chairs no matter how old you are.

I couldn't put my finger on it, but that's it 'Village People'

scootz - 6/1/10 at 07:57 PM

Noooooooo... you're putting me off it!

Someone say something nice about it!

skodaman - 6/1/10 at 08:06 PM

"Someone say something nice about it! "

The engine would make a wonderful donor for a locost.

If you can't cope with the riding position of a sports bike (I can't anymore either) how about something like a Suzuki Bandit?

Mark Allanson - 6/1/10 at 08:17 PM

2.3l, 140bhp, is it a diesel?

scootz - 6/1/10 at 08:31 PM

Never been a fan of the Bandit.. had forgotten all about bikes for a long time till I saw that pic and then inexplicable fell in love!

Another that caught my eye is the new V4 Aprilia Factory RSV... stunning, but not much use to me these days as I'd be knackered by the time I reached the bottom of the drive

Peteff - 6/1/10 at 11:33 PM

You don't want one of those, you want a nice little car you do.

scootz - 7/1/10 at 12:15 PM

And unfortunately I don't have....

OX - 7/1/10 at 04:42 PM

Not my cup of tea but they were fun to ride ,,made a change from all the sports bikes . When they first came out they came in bland colours and most people that brought them at our place had the mudguards and tank covers changed to the tribal upgrades. And there's plenty of chrome goodies if you want to blow an extra grand
A m8 had the Aprilia but gave him back trouble he now rides a VFR 800 and says that's ok

scootz - 8/1/10 at 03:59 AM

Cheers Ox... a sports bike is really just fantasy for me these days. Shame really as that V4 Aprilia is just stunning! 1bhp per kilo too!

[Edited on 8/1/10 by scootz]

scootz - 8/1/10 at 04:04 AM

I'm going to remain true to myself and maintain (proudly!) that the burgundy and cream Rocket is a thing of beauty!

I just need to decide what kind of skid-lid would go best with it... indian feathers, construction hat, cowboy hat, highway patrol hat... ???

[Edited on 8/1/10 by scootz]

mediabloke - 21/1/10 at 11:24 PM

Nice bit of cruiser bling, there. Not my thing, but nice. (more of a Street Triple fan)

Ducati Vyper - I'd have one of these, though

Francis