Board logo

Help Wanted:- Washer/Dryer not spinning at end
Steve Hignett - 16/1/10 at 02:25 PM

Hi All,

Our washing machine dryer has not been working properly this last week.

We are not in a financial position to buy a new one and won't be for a very long time, so does anyone have any advice for me please?

It is not spinning whilst on it's spin part of the cycle and is also not draining the drum of the water either...

It is a:- Candy Aquaviva 1300 Washer/Dryer

Cheers All!

Steve

AndyLockwood - 16/1/10 at 02:44 PM

try cheching the machines filter if its blocked it cant drain and then cant spin iv had similar problems in the past. filters are normally located under a cover near the bottom front or rear of the machine.

best of luck

Andy

smart51 - 16/1/10 at 02:51 PM

Filter is my first thought too. Have a bucket or something else to catch the water ready. Some old towels to mop up the mess too. The machine is probably full of hair and goo, or perhaps string or wool or paper mush. It will be slimy and stink but once clear, your machine may just spring back into life. Under wires are a common cause too.

splitrivet - 16/1/10 at 04:25 PM

Probably a jammed pump or filter ours normally does it once a year, pockets not being emptied is normally the cause.
Cheers,
Bob

Steve G - 16/1/10 at 05:24 PM

Another vote for a blocked filter. Probably down near the bottom of the machine behind an access panel

turbodisplay - 16/1/10 at 06:02 PM

carbon brushes for motor, fail quite often.
New brushes are between 10 - 20 quid, less from ebay.
Darren

McLannahan - 16/1/10 at 06:17 PM

Front of the machine Pants - left bottom corner Pants as others have said.

White panel clips off and underneath is a handle for the filter. There's a small grub screw to undo to prevent it being undone accidently. Rotate it and then pull it away from the machine. There will be water in it but it's too low to catch. Let Rowdy hoover it up!

My bet is a 5p lodged in the filter possibly 20p and some other crap. Still a 5p bet though....

austin man - 16/1/10 at 07:13 PM

I had the same problem, mine was caused by the pump, the impellor had become detached. fitted new pum and all is well. Could have probably repaired the old one with araldite or similar.

I doo agree that in most cases its a bunged up filter. You dont mention that youve cleaned it so I suspect you didnt know it had one

Steve Hignett - 17/1/10 at 01:20 PM

A HUGE thanks to all!!!

I removed a 1 penny coin, a lolly pop stick and a collar stiffener along with a bit of fluff and stuff...

Stuck it on a spin cycle whilst empty and it did indeed spin up and empty the drum...

Cheers again peeps!!!