Board logo

storm
JoelP - 14/7/10 at 09:10 PM

i havent seen this heavy rain in 7 years! Proper pissing it down The sort that would drench you in seconds.

Guess who put up a fence today and yesterday and hasnt managed to paint it yet?!

RichardK - 14/7/10 at 09:13 PM

Took its time to get to you, we had it at 18:00 ish tonight, but yep proer came down, patio is well flooded.

Rich

Miks15 - 14/7/10 at 09:13 PM

guess who only has a motorbike to Do 40 miles each way to work on! never mind all in the fun of biking

blakep82 - 14/7/10 at 09:21 PM

had rain all week. had rain 2 weeks ago, where it was that heavy, you couldn't see 8 metres in front of you

steve m - 14/7/10 at 09:21 PM

Guess who has a hole in there garage roof, due a fire two weeks ago ??

oh, and locost is directly under it, and im at work

Steve

Stott - 14/7/10 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Miks15
guess who only has a motorbike to Do 40 miles each way to work on! never mind all in the fun of biking

Are you one of those mental bikers I always see when I visit me pa in Ruskington!

Red route indeed!, some good roads up your way!

SteveWalker - 14/7/10 at 09:33 PM

It came over here a bit later - guess who was loading an entire conservatory onto a trailer and a car roof, having just bought it second hand and having no coat with me!

thunderace - 14/7/10 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
had rain all week. had rain 2 weeks ago, where it was that heavy, you couldn't see 8 metres in front of you

that would have been on sunday lol
i went to the airport and could not see 10 feet in front of me on the m8 ,so i went into ikea for lunch and when i came out it was bone dry and totaly cleared up .

matt.c - 14/7/10 at 09:43 PM

Yeh was quite a good size cell moving up from the south. Been watching its progress, just got the edge of it at mine.

Good few thunder storms mixed in with it. Moving way too fast across the country to produce a monster storm.

coozer - 14/7/10 at 10:34 PM

Guess who was in the greenhouse with a 3m run to the house?

Soaked indeed!

mangogrooveworkshop - 15/7/10 at 04:09 AM

Dont worry lads its all back in Scotland http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Image deleted by owner

[Edited on 15-7-10 by mangogrooveworkshop]

Ninehigh - 15/7/10 at 06:26 AM

Guess who felt it was about time it rained and glad it did, hopefully my water butt's full now and I can keep growing my carrots, bean and courgettes (so I can find out what they are)

Stott - 15/7/10 at 08:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
Dont worry lads its all back in Scotland http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

[Edited on 15-7-10 by mangogrooveworkshop]

Ha, yeah it would seem so.

The wife is in Edingburgh to see the open air Rod Stewart concert. She rang me at about 11pm last night to say she was so wet it was as if someone had thrown her in a lake. Apparently there was a tarp effort covering him and the band which kept filling up and dumping all over them every 10 mins, and there was a constant stream of lackies wiping him down as he sang and throwing bits of carpet and towells in front of him so he didn't slip while dancing!!

Then they cut the concert a bit short as all the equipment was filling up with water!

hobzy - 15/7/10 at 09:22 AM

P##sing down here on the south coast. Guess who moved the Indy out of the garage so they could use the space to build his daughters cabin bed. Got up this morning and the car covers elastics had snapped and the car looked like it had its own moat

jossey - 15/7/10 at 12:43 PM

ye the rain was mad.

i was in leeds leaving work to go diving. i wish i had got my dry suit on prior to getting into car. i was soaked walking 50 ft to the swimming pool door.

within 30 seconds the carpark disappears under an 1" of water you couldnt see the parkin lines and the road was like a river.

i love the summer in the UK.

Global warming is not happening fast enough.

dave

02GF74 - 15/7/10 at 12:44 PM

damn, I missed all that ... but it did wake me up in the night, twice.

MikeR - 15/7/10 at 12:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jossey

i love the summer in the UK.

Global warming is not happening fast enough.

dave

Shame its really best described as climate change and we're in for far more of this sort of weather!

to be honest if it would just be warm instead of hot and dry during the day i'd be happy.