Board logo

Fuel prices protest
Myke 2463 - 29/1/11 at 11:22 AM

We all need to support this.
"Fair Fuel UK" needs your help even more so, after the Chancellor's comments today! Please ask your friends and contacts to add their support by signing up at www.fairfueluk.com

Next price rise is said to be equal to 23p per gallon.

mad4x4 - 29/1/11 at 12:09 PM

If fuel was 23p a gallon I would do back flips down the road...... but a rise of 23p per gallon and we should look at the example set in Egypt...

Neville Jones - 29/1/11 at 12:14 PM

Where do you people get these figures from???

BBC news last night, said that the next 'fuel duty escalator' rise was to have been about 2p!!!!
Maybe 2.3p?? and someone has not seen the decimal point.

No govt would be stupid/suicidal enough to raise fuel 23p in one go.

It is unreal how these rumours escalate out of control. Chinese whispers or something it's called.

Maybe BBC got it wrong?

Cheers,
Nev.

JAG - 29/1/11 at 12:25 PM

Ermmm what he actually said is;

quote:

23p per gallon

Which is about 5p per Litre - which is the price you and the BBC are talking about. Not 2.3p but they didn't just not notice the decimal point

Always pays to read and read again before getting to 'shirty'

Yazza54 - 29/1/11 at 12:35 PM

I must admit, when you go to the local shop and a 500ml bottle of volvic costs over a quid, makes petrol seem a bargain. Of course I don't want it to rise though, but it does make me wonder how they do it for the price we pay.

designer - 29/1/11 at 12:39 PM

Anybody who buys bottled water has no right to complain about the price of petrol. The same probably goes for a pint of beer.

Yazza54 - 29/1/11 at 01:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by designer
Anybody who buys bottled water has no right to complain about the price of petrol. The same probably goes for a pint of beer.

Yep, was out last night. £70 down.

interestedparty - 29/1/11 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Yazza54
quote:
Originally posted by designer

Yep, was out last night. £70 down.

Easy come, easy go

Neville Jones - 29/1/11 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Ermmm what he actually said is;

quote:

23p per gallon

Which is about 5p per Litre - which is the price you and the BBC are talking about. Not 2.3p but they didn't just not notice the decimal point

Always pays to read and read again before getting to 'shirty'

4.54litres to the gallon. 2.3p/litre.

You do the maths, if you are capable.

Long way short of 23p/gallon.

Cheers,
Nev.

[Edited on 29/1/11 by Neville Jones]