Board logo

engineers wanted
eddbaz - 8/10/11 at 12:00 PM

My company, nottingham based,has announced that they will be starting a weekend shift,they will be recruiting upto around 100 new engineering positions, mainly mechanical but electrical also, I will have have full details next week but I know the weekend shifts are rotating ,one week fri,sat and sunday nights 12hrs following weekend sat and sun days 12hrs giving an average working week of 30 hours, pay will be around £40k per annum, looking for qualified maintenance type of engineers for the operating,maintaining and fixing of precision high volume machinery.
Some of our existing staff may be transfering to the weekend positions so there might be some positions available for the shifts during the week.

coozer - 8/10/11 at 12:14 PM

Must be a bloody BIG company needing 100 new engineers.. does that mean you need 20,000 new operators??

I had 23 peeps under me at my last place....

spiderman - 8/10/11 at 12:44 PM

Is that paye or contract?

eddbaz - 8/10/11 at 01:14 PM

The engineers/technical maintenance staff operate as well as maintain and fix the machinary, the positions are paye permanent as far as I am aware.

jamegum - 8/10/11 at 05:09 PM

whats the company? and would they be interested in recent mechanical engineering graduates?

cheers

owelly - 8/10/11 at 05:29 PM

Are we talking 'engineers' or folks employed in engineering? I'm employed as an engineer but as I'm not a member of an official board of acredited engineers, technically, I'm not an engineer!

Confused but excited. - 8/10/11 at 06:07 PM

Don't worry owelly, neither was Glencannon.