Board logo

Afghan massacre
Snuggs - 23/3/12 at 06:46 AM

Maybe I am just being stupid but can someone please explain why the US soldier is in a US jail and being charged in the US when the murders occurred in Afghanistan ?

JoelP - 23/3/12 at 07:27 AM

Thats the agreement they have with the afghan gov.

theconrodkid - 23/3/12 at 07:51 AM

IMHO if you tried to try him in the lawless cess pit that is that country there would be demmo,s followed by shootings and bombings and many more people would die (just like a normal day).
best thing now is to pack up and go home vowing never to interfere with another dump like that ever again !

scudderfish - 23/3/12 at 08:00 AM

Because America never lets any country try it's military

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalese_cable_car_disaster_(1998)

[Edited on 23/3/12 by scudderfish]

snapper - 23/3/12 at 08:02 AM

Do politicians not study history???
No one has ever,ever solved the Afghan problem
Not when we wore red tunics
Not when we supported the Afghan freedom fighters against the Russians ( I still have photos)
And we won't now, the politicians are saying that all is good and we will withdraw in 2014, probably as we need to get ready for the Iran war, but Afghanistan will quickly revert to type, in the meantime, soldiers loose limbs and are disfigured.
F¥€{ing politicians.

scudderfish - 23/3/12 at 08:09 AM

They have also 'unsigned' from the International Criminal Court. When you excuse yourself from a court specifically set up to try war crimes, it doesn't say a lot about the morals of your country & military.

adithorp - 23/3/12 at 10:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Snuggs
Maybe I am just being stupid but can someone please explain why the US soldier is in a US jail and being charged in the US when the murders occurred in Afghanistan ?

Because in the agreement with the Afgan' government when foreign forces went in, any crime commited was to be dealt with by the home country of the soldier.

Confused but excited. - 23/3/12 at 10:45 AM

Apart from an American President stating that, "No American soldier will ever be tried for war crimes".