Board logo

thackery washers
deanwelch - 21/5/10 at 01:36 PM

hi guys if twin 45s have been done up tight ie squashed thackery washers does it really make any difference ie does fuel really froth up............cheers in advance

RAYLEE29 - 21/5/10 at 02:40 PM

Cant you just slacken them off?, they are made of springsteel so should open back up.
they are there for a reason new ones wont cost the earth.
you should be able to rock the carbs up and down a little when set up correctly.
Ray

atspeed racing - 21/5/10 at 03:13 PM

It is not recomended by Weber to run DCOE's without some sort of rubber mount due to the problem of a weak mixture being induced by fuel frothing.
I would suggest that you remove the thackery washers and the sandwich plate and replace them with a Misab kit. Worth every penny.

deanwelch - 21/5/10 at 03:29 PM

just wondered if it does make any difference because if too loose i thought you lost vacuum but this is only from reading...........

atspeed racing - 21/5/10 at 03:39 PM

It is not worth taking a chance on the thackery washers. I havnt used these for years, so the chances are these could be 20 years old. The Misab kit is cheaper than an engine rebuild and would take a few hours to fit against a few days to do an engine.
If you are in any doupt, change them.

deanwelch - 21/5/10 at 04:38 PM

thank you "atspeed racing" a shall order a set............its a shame i'am not closer to you or i could have booked in for a tune up...........cheers

deanwelch - 21/5/10 at 04:40 PM

"misab kit" only seams to be £20 is that too cheap ?

atspeed racing - 22/5/10 at 08:48 AM

That is to dear. We charge £15.00 plus the VAT.
This is a complete kit and woulds do a pair of webers or Dellortos.