Board logo

Engine Change - winter upgrades
cal - 4/1/12 at 03:32 AM

Hi all. Thought i would post up the progress of the Westy during the winter engine change as this seems a fairly typical upgrade for locosts. 2.0 ZETEC with ZX7R Carbs running MJ.

and below is where we started! Still have to get the coolant system plummed in and MJ wired up, its only Jan mind!

cal - 4/1/12 at 03:37 AM

What i could do with is a map for a stock 2.0 ZETEC on zx7 carbs for MJ running MAP not TPS.

Gear Monkey - 4/1/12 at 04:41 AM

Are bike carbs going to create much in the way of power gains over standard fuel injection?

lewis - 4/1/12 at 06:45 AM

Looking good mate,great progress.

Norfolkluegojnr - 4/1/12 at 08:53 AM

Cal,

I've got a map for 2.0 Zetec running twin 45's - would probably be a decent starting point?

u2u me if its any use.

NLJ

RichardK - 4/1/12 at 10:43 AM

I put my map on this thread http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=164645 2l zetec on bike carbs,standard cams and performance exhaust,any good?

Cheers

Rich

cal - 5/1/12 at 02:51 AM

Thanks for the offer of maps guys, Lewis how is your engine change coming on?? not seen any up to date progress as of late!! will get some mor ephotos up soon and a rolling road result once shes done!!

lewis - 5/1/12 at 07:10 AM

Just fine tuning fitting the exhaust/making brackets etc & been let down by the guy who was welding my inlet manifold so need to sort that,just the wiring to do then.....which I'm putting off