Board logo

Rover 3.5 V8 wiring.
Sebastian - 26/11/12 at 07:59 PM

Hi Guys,

I have 2 questions regards the wiring of the V8 (Carb version) Alternator and Coil.

1: The alternator has a connector with the following wires:
- Thick Brown with white stripe.
- Thick Black.
- Thin Brown with white stripe.
Where do these go to?

2: Coil.
The coil has obviously the positive and negative connection , on the negative 1 red wire goes toe the distributor and the other one (a black/white) i think goes to an earthpoint? is this correct?

The positive however has at one side a single Red, and at the other side a joined Black/Blue one and a White, where do these 3 wires go to?

We can't find a good diagram in our Viento manual.

Thanks in advance.

craig1410 - 26/11/12 at 10:20 PM

Hi,

I'm pretty sure I've posted information on this previously. Try searching under my username. I might have a wiring diagram in my photo library.

I'll have a look shortly once I've chased my kids off to bed.

Cheers,
Craig.

mark chandler - 26/11/12 at 10:43 PM

Not sure of the colours, but I,m pretty certain that the red goes to the starter motor where it sources full battery when cranking, the other wire if you trace it is resistive and replaces a ballast resistor, this goes to the ignition switch.

craig1410 - 26/11/12 at 10:57 PM

Hi,

Okay I've uploaded the full set of wiring diagrams to my photo album. Look for the sub-folder called RV8Wiring.

Hopefully that will give you what you need but feel free to ask if you need anything else.

Edit: The photo quality is a bit restricted here, if you need higher resolution photos then email/U2U me and I'll email them to you.

Cheers,
Craig.

[Edited on 26/11/2012 by craig1410]

Sebastian - 27/11/12 at 07:56 AM

Craig,

You got an U2U.

Cheers,
Michel Sebastian.