Board logo

m62 pulley. solid type
Craigorypeck - 25/6/13 at 10:40 PM

Hi All.

i have removed the electro mag clutch from the front of an eaton m62 and need a solid replacement. are there any off the shelf items to do this conversion? I'm looking for a pulley between 60 and 70 mm.. Any help much appreciated

froggy - 25/6/13 at 11:10 PM

I had one made for mine , a local guy charged me £100 which was fair given how long it took , I searched all over but couldn't find a solid conversion pulley for the clutched m62

Craigorypeck - 26/6/13 at 06:34 AM

I see some of the vw guys manage to get a pulley on...
Did you cut back the snout? What about the splined drive?
Any pics?

froggy - 26/6/13 at 07:23 AM

Use the centre of the clutch assembly and bolt the new pulley onto it so the charger is still un modified

Craigorypeck - 26/6/13 at 09:34 PM

hi. so do you use the flat plate that goes on the front and drill and tap a few holes so its permanently in drive? did you swap over the inner bearing too to keep it running true? Thanks froggy

froggy - 26/6/13 at 09:43 PM

The new pulley replaces the old one and you drive it with the end plate and a few tapped holes in the end of the pulley . No other mods needed .

old_timbo - 27/6/13 at 09:14 PM

I've gone the other way on my Pinto and kept the standard pulley (but bolted up as above) on the M62. However I have modified a twin belt crank pulley, loosing the outer 'V', to take power steering pulleys. Seem to be several of different ones available with similar mounting dimensions. Using a VW pulley gave a ratio of 1:1.26 and I got a boost of about 2.5 psi. This was enough to prove everything worked OK. Just about to fit a pulley off a BMW which is larger and will give a 1:1.53 ratio. If my calcs are correct I should get about 8psi boost, which is probably enough on standard internals. 2.5psi gave a big performance hike, so 8 psi should be bonkers.