Board logo

Zetec 1st time start up video
whitestu - 19/3/08 at 08:12 PM

Hi

Video is on youtube at Link

Stu

bob - 19/3/08 at 08:25 PM

Well done stu, you must stop talking to yourself when alone in the garage mrs bob has caught me doing that must be the garage time = stress thing.

I also say probably wont work a lot too, so your not alone

whitestu - 19/3/08 at 08:30 PM

I get more sense talking to myself than the Mrs.

If I say 'it won't work' it seems to improve the chance of it working!

Stu

[Edited on 19/3/08 by whitestu]

ned - 19/3/08 at 08:33 PM

nothing like an optimist behind the camera

twybrow - 19/3/08 at 08:38 PM

Dammit Stu. I was waiting for your vid to load and burnt my pizza in the process. Thanks.

The car sounds great. Good job sir!

speedyxjs - 19/3/08 at 08:40 PM

Nice work. Sounds great

whitestu - 19/3/08 at 08:45 PM

quote:

nothing like an optimist behind the camera

I am generally very optimistic, but hadn't really checked anything very thoroughly, and only had the seller's say so that the engine was a good un.

Also, the whole Megajolt thing seemed a bit improbable!

Sorry about the Pizza twybrow.

Stu

coozer - 19/3/08 at 10:09 PM

Its great when it starts eh? Sounds canny, just one question... the carbs look a little flat? Is that ok for the fuel level in the bowls??

jimbona2 - 20/3/08 at 09:33 AM

sounds amazing! cant wait for my first start - thats if I ever get to that point

whitestu - 20/3/08 at 11:55 AM

quote:

Its great when it starts eh? Sounds canny, just one question... the carbs look a little flat? Is that ok for the fuel level in the bowls??

Good question! They are completely level.

I guess I'll find out when I drive it - it seems fine stading still with the front end up on the ramps.

Several people on here say they have run bike carbs like this with no problems.

Stu

[Edited on 20/3/08 by whitestu]

I've had another play today and it looks like the carbs may be a problem.

The car is fine when running, but when switched off fuel leaks from the air jet at the front of the carbs. I reckon that with the carbs horizontal the float / fuel level is too high, allowing fuel to run out.

Hopefully lowering the float height will fix it, but if not I'll be going for plan B which is to make a steel manifold with the carbs at the correct angle [I've already got a steel manifold plate so welding a bit of pipe on at the correct angle should be easy enough.

[Edited on 20/3/08 by whitestu]