Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: msa race
ali f27

posted on 3/6/10 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
msa race

tried to renew my licence online failed cannot take visa electron should have read but rang them up and they said have to pay 45£ extra to get licence in time then he siad i could apply at venue on day does anybody know if correct
snakebelly

posted on 3/6/10 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
never heard of applying for a licence renewal on race day...but hey with the msa nothing would be a surprise
norfolkluego

posted on 3/6/10 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
I think you can take a completed form for a non race licence and be accepted, pretty sure you couldn't for a race licence. If you're talking about a competition licence just for sprints and hillclimbs that's a non race national B licence and as said I think it can be obtained on the day but make sure it's filled in properly and has a photograph with it.

[Edited on 3/6/10 by norfolkluego]
Edit again
And that's only true if you're driving a car that doesn't need a National A licence ( a racing car over 2 litres for instance)

spdpug98

posted on 3/6/10 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Not heard of that before, more than likely fine you for turning up without it!

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

GMPMotorsport

posted on 3/6/10 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
never heard of that before. would get them to put it in writing before turning up.

www.gmpdevelopments.co.uk
www.gmpmotorsport.co.uk
ARDS Instructer.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GMPMotorsport

posted on 3/6/10 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
never heard of that before. would get them to put it in writing before turning up.

www.gmpdevelopments.co.uk
www.gmpmotorsport.co.uk
ARDS Instructer.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
norfolkluego

posted on 3/6/10 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Copied from the MSA website

Can I apply for my licence at an event?
Only Non-Race National ‘B’, Non-Race Clubman or Kart Endurance licences are permitted to be applied for at events. However, if you are 17 or under, having just completed your ARKS test you may also hand your completed Novice application, to event organisers at your first Kart race meeting. With the exception of Race, Kart Races (excluding as mentioned above) and Stage Rallies organisers are permitted to accept a properly completed application, however only for those grades of licence as detailed. No Priority fee is necessary and the fine for non-production of a licence is not applicable. The application and payment will be taken from you by the organisers of the event who will forward the paperwork immediately following the event to the Licence Department to enable your Competition Licence to be issued. If you apply for your licence at an event you should take into account that the application will not begin to be processed until received by the Licence Department, this therefore will further delay the issue of your licence. You should therefore allow extra time, in addition to the 15 working day licence issue, before you enter any further event. If you are not in possession of your licence the next time you compete, any subsequent applications will be taken as non-production of licence fines, which will be non-refundable. Novice ARKS applications are however marked “Priority” and would normally be processed under our Express service. All other competitors must be in possession of their licence before competing. We would remind you that non-production of licence fines cannot be considered a substitute for not holding a valid Competition Licence and should you not be the holder of a valid licence this may affect your insurance and any future application(s) of Competition Licences. You may also face further disciplinary proceedings. You have been warned!!

http://www.msauk.org/site/cms/contentFAQViewer.asp?chapter=246

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.