Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fire extinguisher service
mantisgb

posted on 27/6/11 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Fire extinguisher service

Hi,

Simple question - where have people got their race fire extinguisher serviced and how much did they pay for it?

I can use Merlin Motorsport but £40 to weigh an extinguisher and put a new sticker on it seems a bit steep.

cheers, Keith

sickbag

posted on 27/6/11 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure where you are in the world but here in Derby I get City Extinguisher to do mine at £12 each. They charge that regardless of type, but their fees vary depending on the type if they need to refill, etc.

Finally back on the job!

lsdweb

posted on 27/6/11 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
There's no actual requirement in the blue book for regular testing of extinguishers but it's a good idea!

Wyn

steveiow

posted on 27/6/11 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
There's no actual requirement in the blue book for regular testing of extinguishers but it's a good idea!

Wyn

Certainly is a good idea as if you dont test yearly the scrutineers wont let you race. I got pulled up at Brands when the scrutineer couldnt read the label properly and thought it was last done 14 months ago rather than 2 months previously.

Are you sure the BB doesnt specify yearly service?

I also use a firm local to me and its about £14 but about double or so if you need a discharge and refill.

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

lsdweb

posted on 29/6/11 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Certainly is a good idea as if you dont test yearly the scrutineers wont let you race. I got pulled up at Brands when the scrutineer couldnt read the label properly and thought it was last done 14 months ago rather than 2 months previously.

The only reason he can fail you for not being able to read the labels is if he can't see that the tare weight is clearly marked. He should not fail you for an extinguisher that hasn't been tested in the last year. Unless he can argue that it wouldn't operate properly.

There is no requirement for testing in the Sectio K of the Blue Book - http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/bluebooks/11/152-190%20Competitor%20Safety.pdf

Wyn

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.