I cant wait to see the end result
blue2cv

posted on 16/12/10 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Have a look at www.groupharrington.com for a bit of inspiration
kb58

posted on 16/12/10 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedy123
quit bitching, I asked for advice not abuse ...so I wanna build something from scratch, so quit having a go and give me some advice or am I rite to assume that seeing as you finished building in 1999 youve actually got no advice to give just crap!...

"Build a kit or just don't build anything" IS advice - you just don't like it. That's fine, but when coming to public forums for free information, you have to do your homework before posting in order to learn what and how to ask. People come on Honda forums and ask, "Sup, guys. Hey, I want a turbo, which one should I get." He gives no information, so how can anyone give meaningful replies. Instead, the ensuing fireworks are always fun to watch, and the poster invariably gets upset because he wasn't spoon-feed a solution by mind-reading experts.

Asking for free information isn't free. You need to post ALL pertinant information you bring to the table. budget, timeframe, skillset, and ask in a polite and courtious manner. Otherwise you'll be ignored, made fun of, or have your pee-pee slapped for being lazy and not reading before posting.

Mid-engine Locost - http://www.midlana.com
And the book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/midlana/paperback/product-21330662.html
Kimini - a tube-frame, carbon shell, Honda Prelude VTEC mid-engine Mini: http://www.kimini.com
And its book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/kimini-how-to-design-and-build-a-mid-engine-sports-car-from-scratch/paperback/product-4858803.html

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
interestedparty

posted on 16/12/10 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kb58

Asking for free information isn't free. You need to post ALL pertinant information you bring to the table. budget, timeframe, skillset, and ask in a polite and courtious manner. Otherwise you'll be ignored, made fun of, or have your pee-pee slapped for being lazy and not reading before posting.

Absolutely. There was another poster recently who was doing the same stuff, he has improved a bit recently though.

I look forward to reading Speedy's retort, which will probably be to explain to you just what forums are for

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

speedy123

posted on 16/12/10 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
skill set: no welding experiance but willing to learn, engine config know of, electrics know of, body work and matierials know of,
restroed a 1972 beetle from the ground up so have knowledge of cars, maybe a simple car but have knowledge,
time frame: anything until he can drive it,
budget, dnt really wanna spend much but know i have to to get qaulity result.
look guys im sorry if i pissed you all off. just wanna get started but dnt know how.
i appreciate all the help thus far and appreciate all the constructive critisism.
also in reply to the group harrington cars omg lush but expensive, bit of inspiration tho

Beg, Borrow and Steal, But always get a reciept

posted on 16/12/10 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedy123
skill set: no welding experiance but willing to learn, engine config know of, electrics know of, body work and matierials know of,
restroed a 1972 beetle from the ground up so have knowledge of cars, maybe a simple car but have knowledge,
time frame: anything until he can drive it,
budget, dnt really wanna spend much but know i have to to get qaulity result.
look guys im sorry if i pissed you all off. just wanna get started but dnt know how.
i appreciate all the help thus far and appreciate all the constructive critisism.
also in reply to the group harrington cars omg lush but expensive, bit of inspiration tho

Hi.
I will try to be constructive with my advice and hope you read this as such.

I think you have just answered your own question, "What's first?" quote: "no welding experiance but willing to learn."

Since you want to keep costs down then maybe learning to weld would be a good first step.
While you are doing this use your time to plan the whole build.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Paul G

[Edited on 18/12/10 by 907]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.