Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help! Plumbing woes!
deanwelch

posted on 4/3/11 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
why don't you just drain system and replace the 3 port valve......sounds like you need surrey flange for drawing hot water into shower
McLannahan

posted on 4/3/11 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that Dean. Is a Surrey Flange expensive or difficult to do? It is what the engineer recommended too.

MikeR

posted on 4/3/11 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebiz/wickes/resources/images/gil/46.pdf

Shows how your supposed to fit a shower pump and the advantage of a surrey flange.

Didn't realise you had a pump on the shower ..... the surrey flange seems to be the solution. A test would be if you could bleed the shower and then run it with the hot water turned off (ie no bubbles in the hot tank). If it ran well then, it would indicate it needs the surrey flange. If its still problematic then i'd guess its pump related.

Probably best to try and fix one problem at once otherwise you'll complicate matters (which means my posts aren't helping - sorry).

ps quick google says surrey flange under 40 quid to buy. They're the easier flanges to fit so probably budget a 100 to 150 quid for a plumber to buy and fit.

[Edited on 4/3/11 by MikeR]

McLannahan

posted on 5/3/11 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
http://www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebiz/wickes/resources/images/gil/46.pdf

Shows how your supposed to fit a shower pump and the advantage of a surrey flange.

Didn't realise you had a pump on the shower ..... the surrey flange seems to be the solution. A test would be if you could bleed the shower and then run it with the hot water turned off (ie no bubbles in the hot tank). If it ran well then, it would indicate it needs the surrey flange. If its still problematic then i'd guess its pump related.

Probably best to try and fix one problem at once otherwise you'll complicate matters (which means my posts aren't helping - sorry).

ps quick google says surrey flange under 40 quid to buy. They're the easier flanges to fit so probably budget a 100 to 150 quid for a plumber to buy and fit.

[Edited on 4/3/11 by MikeR]

Thanks for that Mike. It's not an indepedant pump but I think the shower has a pump built-in - at least it's branded a power shower!

Interesting that most of those diagrams include a Surrey flange - I'm sure we don't have one and it looks like we need one!

So it looks like it's never been right and the three-way failing has just made things worse....

Thanks again

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.