Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Both carer driven working parents, how do you do it?
pajsh

posted on 18/4/12 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows

The cost and standard of childcare in this country is an absolute scandal imho

Wait till you have them at Uni. That will really make you eyes water. It was a rip off before they put the fees up now it's daylight robbery.

I used to be apathetic but now I just don't care.

D Beddows

posted on 18/4/12 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
lol, eldest stepdaughter is at Huddersfield University - for heavens sake don't get me started on fees and the price of student accomodation
RK

posted on 18/4/12 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
As a former child myself, I am eminently qualified to comment. As long as you don't physically or mentally abuse them (well maybe sometimes), feed them regularly, keep them reasonably presentable in public, you are doing a good job. Unfortunately, you can't buy them air rifles and things anymore, but I am sure you will think of fun toys to get them as they progress through this adventure of life, which of course is never going to be as good as it used to be. For further encouragement, I advise watching Mad Max a few times. But it will all be all right. Don't worry.
scootz

posted on 18/4/12 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave
Dont have kids they are bad. Buy an expensive car it will be cheaper.

This is my way of thinking!!!

It's Evolution Baby!

Dusty

posted on 18/4/12 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
The only logical decision you can make about having children is not to have them. You cannot make a decision to have kids in any logical way and although you cannot know this it is not part of a question that goes 'shall we have kids or not?'. Until you have one you are completely clueless. You might as well try to imagine an orgasm having never had one.
Making one of lifes most important decisions when in possession of about 10% of the relevant information has to be a leap of faith. Thankfully you don't have to make up your mind by next Tuesday.

ps. My three girls have all finished Uni now. Being bankrupt has been an interesting experience. They don't seem to get much cheaper after Uni either!

[Edited on 18/4/12 by Dusty]

pajsh

posted on 18/4/12 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Whilst not trying to get too deep, having children is not a lifestyle choice, it's the reason we are alive, because our parents chose to further the human race. They are also the future of our country and our world. Putting it at the extreme if we all decide not to bother at the worst the reign of man comes to an end, at the least there will be no-body to pay my pension :-).

My wife gave up work for the pre-school years to spend all her time raising my three and I think that's one of the reasons I have three balanced, caring and mature individuals (21,23,25). It's also the reason I've been penniless for the last 25 years have rarely had a foreign holiday and only now have spare time and can afford a few toys.

Probably the most important thing to remember is enjoy them while they are young as it's soon over and you will look back with regret if you have not spent quality time with them. I personally do not see getting them out of bed a 6am and palming them off on grandparents then picking them up at 6pm meets this requirement but then I may be in the minority.

They are a huge financial, emotional and physical drain but worth every minute. My eldest has just bought a house and will be moving out later in the year and my house and my life will become a little more empty :-(.

[Edited on 18/4/12 by pajsh]

I used to be apathetic but now I just don't care.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.