<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megasquirt no spark
ozzy69

posted on 30/11/13 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks phill.
ozzy69

posted on 30/11/13 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Right have checked everything you said phil and screwed the pots back jumper is (3-4)set to VR OUT I will try and send you my msq .

[Edited on 1/12/13 by ozzy69]

ozzy69

posted on 1/12/13 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
Now i have put the pots back i am now not getting any type of signal for rpm anyone no why this///Now getting a signal but i am confused if i am getting a steady rpm(with plugs out) does this mean i am getting a signal from vr??

[Edited on 1/12/13 by ozzy69]

matt_gsxr

posted on 1/12/13 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
I'd follow Phil's instructions to the letter. He is the king of MS and has offered to help.
ozzy69

posted on 3/12/13 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote
Problem solved and now have spark thanks to phil this man is a star and i really appreciate the time and effort he has spent helping and solving my problem.
omega 24 v6

posted on 3/12/13 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
So its going??
What was the problem I looked at your msq and although I'm an MS1 man and its an MS2 it looked Ok as far as I could see.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

ozzy69

posted on 3/12/13 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Well i am now getting spark,not really sure but spark plugs where cracked, but she still wont start and i am so sick i feel like throwing in the towel and ripping the whole lot out (ms and engine) i think the car is just a jinx.After getting spark i found out after a day of charging batterys and winding over that it had a low pressure pump so today i got a high pp then after more winding over found that the fuel reg was set to 1 bar now after setting it to 3 bar the starter packed up luckly i had a spare so fitted that and then the car started backfiring throw the inlet now swaped over spark output a and b and she offerd to go but still no joy haha wish ad never seen the thing.
omega 24 v6

posted on 4/12/13 at 12:05 AM Reply With Quote
Well you are almost there now so don't give up.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

ozzy69

posted on 4/12/13 at 12:27 AM Reply With Quote
A few beers calmed me down haha I am hoping the the sparky has wired injection bank one into 1 and 2 and bank b into 4 and 3 as it should if i am right be banks 1 into 1 and 4 and bank b into 2 and 3 so fingers crossed this is the problem.
ashg

posted on 4/12/13 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
are you giving it a bit of throttle when trying to start? if there is no map on it chances are it will need a bit of throttle to keep it running, the cold weather wont be helping the situation. i spent a good month of evenings reading up on ms before i installed mine, they are not an easy work out of the box solution if you cant be bothered to read up on the subject.

as for injector wiring it wont matter too much, it will just idle a bit rough, the fuel will just sit on the back of the valve until it opens so its not a big deal.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

scudderfish

posted on 4/12/13 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ozzy69
Well i am now getting spark,not really sure but spark plugs where cracked, but she still wont start and i am so sick i feel like throwing in the towel and ripping the whole lot out (ms and engine) i think the car is just a jinx.After getting spark i found out after a day of charging batterys and winding over that it had a low pressure pump so today i got a high pp then after more winding over found that the fuel reg was set to 1 bar now after setting it to 3 bar the starter packed up luckly i had a spare so fitted that and then the car started backfiring throw the inlet now swaped over spark output a and b and she offerd to go but still no joy haha wish ad never seen the thing.

Make sure you really really really have the right sides of the coil pack connected to the right feeds from EDIS/MS. When I was doing my V8 I had them swapped over on one pack. 4 cylinders were sparking at the right time, 4 at the wrong. Flames out of the inlet were the result Looking at only the coilpacks and spark leads it looked like I had it all correct for the firing order, but the coils themselves were out of order.

ozzy69

posted on 4/12/13 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
are you giving it a bit of throttle when trying to start? if there is no map on it chances are it will need a bit of throttle to keep it running, the cold weather wont be helping the situation. i spent a good month of evenings reading up on ms before i installed mine, they are not an easy work out of the box solution if you cant be bothered to read up on the subject.

as for injector wiring it wont matter too much, it will just idle a bit rough, the fuel will just sit on the back of the valve until it opens so its not a big deal.
No had not gave it throttle but just after she had offered to start i gave it a bit then it would not offer again so i calibrated the tps just encase this was the problem but no,I had bought the car only for the car i did no care about the engine or management as i had planed to use a full zetec turbo with fiesta rs turbo management but after finding out that all i had to do was wire and program the ms-2 in there was no point fitting another engine when most of the hard work had been done.I have spent every single night reading all about ms since i got the car trust me first thing in the morning before work and last thing at night. The wiring into the coil is bang on as i went over this with phil but the fact that it was backfiring throo the inlet is a bit of a worry so next thing i will check is the timing but my injectors are infact wired bank 1 into cylinders 1-2 and bank 2 into 4-3 and my firing order is 1243 so i take it that bank 1 should be (1-4) and bank 2 (2-3)?

[Edited on 4/12/13 by ozzy69]

matt_gsxr

posted on 4/12/13 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
As above, backfire won't be caused by injector timing.
I can run batch (i.e. 1 squirt per revolution for all 4 cylinders) and it works fine.

You must surely be sparking when an inlet valve is open.

ozzy69

posted on 4/12/13 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Well that has eliminated another thing thanks,i am dreading the timing is out but it has not been touched so should not be but,hears my msq does can any one tell me that it is right for a 2.0 blacktop zetec running gsxr1000 bodie's http://s956.photobucket.com/user/ozzy6969/media/msq_zps125bf6df.png.html?filters[user]=137909182&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
coyoteboy

posted on 4/12/13 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Cheer up. Megasquirt is never a plug and play solution unless you buy it pre-wired and pre-prepped for the sensors you have, plus pre-mapped with a base map. It's going to take time and effort. At least if it's using new harnessing it has minimal problems built in - im running an MS on 24 year old OEM wiring. That's not fun

To be honest I'd expect to sink several full weekends into getting an MS running properly for your first time, and probably a tank of fuel or two - that's the point of it almost, to learn how it works and why. If you want a cheap and easy solution, MS isn't it.

Sounds to me like you have the wasted spark reversed. Plus ITBs are rarely easy to get started on a base map.

coyoteboy

posted on 4/12/13 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Injector banks are not really critical. only spark. IF your firing order is 1-2-4-3 you need to have spark A wired into 1 and 4, and spark B wired to 2 and 3. I can switch my injector wiring around between any combination of bank/batch and see almost no difference in running (slightly less stable idle as all 4 off one driver but no different when paired strangely between two drivers).

ozzy69

posted on 5/12/13 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Well done a compression test today and this is how it went cylinder-1(75psi),2-(25psi),-3-(150psi) and 4-(150psi) just gets better so this was my main problem to start with so engine out job but thanks for all the help from everyone.
coyoteboy

posted on 5/12/13 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Oh dear, not good news! Good luck getting it back up and running, give us a yell if you continue to have issues!

ozzy69

posted on 5/12/13 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks will do.
ozzy69

posted on 5/12/13 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Just of the record if my engine is fooked(well bent valves or h gaskit) before reading up about it if i was to turbo the blacktop after fixing it or just getting another engine will this make it alot more harder for me getting ms setup with a turbo'd engine compared to just running gsxr bodies?
coyoteboy

posted on 5/12/13 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Only from a mechanical point of view, from an MS viewpoint it will change your mapping process a little but otherwise it should be no different - you're just increasing the kpa range

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.