Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: stafford
Dillinger1977

posted on 14/3/05 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
its not a total height thing, i have lanky legs and short arms, so i have to have the seats really far back to get my knees under the wheel, but then i have to stretch to reach the wheel!
assuming i can have a slightly longer steering column when building (or put an extended boss on), i should be comfortable enough

[Edited on 14/3/05 by Dillinger1977]

bob

posted on 14/3/05 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
You can tell how good a show is by the smiles on the sellers faces,very drol i think rob and dean had the right idea by going to the resto show

I managed to get what i wanted and the company (dazza & scutter) was good too,met up with shortie/mrs shortie splitrivet and reman for a chat which was nice.

Most interesting car for dazza was the 5 series BMW based cobra which he just wont shut up about and it was nice to see MK putting a book chassis on there stand for a change which caused some interest.

Next year...... well if i need something desperatly i'll go,but i will have to desperate.With limelight exhibitions only being able to book the donington show in the middle of october i think its going to have to be Stoneleigh and something different for me this year.

Jeffers_S13

posted on 16/3/05 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Having just discovered I missed the Stafford show it sounds like it may have been for the best anyhow. I wanted to buy all sorts of bits and bobs and talk to some interior carpet trimmer type people but looks like I'll have to do lots of phoning around instead...and pay for postage etc...

James

Jeffers_S13

posted on 16/3/05 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by colmaccoll
The number of stands being occupied by companies who have no connection whatsoever with the kit car industry is getting beyond a joke - i was sorely tempted to approach the person working on the stand where they were selling regular everyday clothing and ask 'What the F**k are you doing here?' but i managed to contain myself.

and as for the guy with the stand selling bloody plastic farm animals WTF?

I agree, this really annoys me aswell, if I want a load of cheapy cheap tools or plastic farm animals or an awful cheap wax jacket I'll go to a Sunday market, this sort of stuff is getting too common at kit car shows, its just rubbish that has no place there IMO, I guess the organisers just make that bit extra cash though by having them there. Although to be fair, I dont have to shop at those stalls, so long as other kit car industry style traders dont lose out, I'll put up with them if it keeps the ticket price low, although Stoneleigh gets more expensive each year...

theconrodkid

posted on 17/3/05 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
way to go snoopy,vote with your feet maybe they will realise that they have to provide a good show and not just collect money at the gate

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

andy d (rizla)

posted on 17/3/05 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
maybe they polish it better
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 17/3/05 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
lets not mince words gentlemen... off the fence and all that.

Triton

posted on 17/3/05 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Yep not right indeedy.......i smelleth a rat
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 17/3/05 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Happy pills is what Mr Rizla needs......smiling takes less energy than being grumpy
Triton

posted on 17/3/05 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Proper gomper as they say in Wales.....who by the way are gonna win on Saturday
bob

posted on 17/3/05 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
It always makes me smile when someone gets outed

James

posted on 18/3/05 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Come on gentlemen, if you're gonna fight lets do it properly- couple of pairs of boxing gloves, a ring and a crowd baying for blood!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

ned

posted on 18/3/05 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
James,

please keep your kick boxing fantasies to yourself

beware, I've got yellow skin

andy d (rizla)

posted on 18/3/05 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
i think u all better stop being bitchy and learn to except the fact that i have had a few kit cars this is my third so i would think before you speak and critise people snoopy
James

posted on 18/3/05 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ned
James,

please keep your kick boxing fantasies to yourself

Fair point!

Anyway, for Savate I would want them wearing the proper hard tipped boots like I wear!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

woodster

posted on 19/3/05 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
RIZLIAR
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.