Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Koso RX1N Which fuel sender?
rb968

posted on 16/11/08 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Koso RX1N Which fuel sender?

I have an MK alloy fuel tank and ZX9 engine. Thinking of getting a Koso RX1N set of clocks and see it can use 100 or 510 ohm fuel sender but have no idea what sender would meet those specs? Anyone point me to a suitable sender?

Cheers

Rich

twybrow

posted on 16/11/08 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
I use a Honda Blackbird sender... Cant remember which resistance it is, but it works!
rb968

posted on 16/11/08 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one cheers how was it to setup?
Hoping to fit it behind the steering wheel as it seems pretty small. Did you use the speedo sensor and does it work ok?

twybrow

posted on 17/11/08 at 12:21 AM Reply With Quote
Everything so far works. Haven't tried the speedo yet, as I have no prop, but revs, temperatures, warning lights etc all work. It was a doddle to get working.

Mine is fitted behind the steering wheel. It seems fine with the Sierra wheel (and shroud), not tried a smaller wheel yet.

Gergely

posted on 17/11/08 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
I got an MNR supplied fuel level sender. Not sure what it is really, but wanted to advise you on setting it up correctly. First of all, check which way it works (when does the Koso show it's full or empty), then adjust the sender's arm so that the full travel you get in the tank will register as totally empty to totally full on the Koso.
This is what we did and I am glad we thought about it, otherwise the whole thing would be useless...
Just my ideas...
Gergely

Our build pictures

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rb968

posted on 17/11/08 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the advice. So basically you modified the sender to show what you needed on the Koso. Did it really show when it was empty or full or just near enough? In other words can you move the sender to the empty or full position and tell the Koso?

Cheers

Gergely

posted on 17/11/08 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
In the end it really showed when empty and full. What we have done is we connected the Koso to the battery and the sender unit taken completely out of the tank. What you need is the sender arm travelling the full distance from top of the tank to the bottom of it and at the same time using the full travel of the potentiometer as well. With our shallow tanks this is tricky, we needed to shorten and bend the arm. We held the unit next to the tank to see the min and max positions of the arm, we changed and tried many times until when the arm was on the bottom of the tank the Koso showed emty and when we moved the arm completely up, it showed full. Note: when you move the arm, the Koso will delay showing the changes on the unit to ensure that the levels do not jump up and down when fuel is sloshing around in the tank...
I hope this helps...

Our build pictures

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Adam

posted on 17/11/08 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Any idea what ohm the Blackbird sender is?

Cheers
Adam

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.