Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wilwood Prospindle Uprights?!?!
Mave

posted on 6/1/09 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Wilwood Prospindle Uprights?!?!

Does anyone have any experience/opinion with/on the Wilwood Prospindle upright (CLICK)? It would require a custom 4x108 hub, but otherwise the geometry doesn't look too bad, does it? Better KPI than Cortina, lighter than Sierra, much stronger than Raceleda. And not too expensive, at 125 pounds a pair.

Is the guy that used to make/sell ally Cortina hubs still on here?

[Edited on 6/1/09 by Mave]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
v8kid

posted on 6/1/09 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Great price but not so sure about geometry. Kpi is not generally a good thing for light sports cars and this one has 11 degrees compared to 4.8 degrees if I remember right.

Kpi has the effect of adding positive camber when the wheel is added which is the opposite of what we want.

On the other hand the steering will be lighter than the cortina.

Anyone have problems with heavy steering using cortina uprights? It should be OK on a light car but I don't have direct experience of it.

Cheers

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 6/1/09 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Question is will they simply bolt up onto my bones after I unbolt the Sierra uprights?

If so may be a worthy upgrade for lightness and extra braking power, not to mention the bling factor

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

bram boekestein

posted on 11/1/09 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
It also uses the maxi balljoint and transit drag link, according to rallydesign.

But the geometry isn't the same, it's a direct replacement for the Mustang II and the Ford Pinto, by this is not meant the Ford Sierra with Pinto engine.

Also the PCD is different, Sierra and Cortina are 4x108 PCD and the prospinle is 5x4.5 or 5x4.75 (5x112 and 5x120 in metric) Corvette, Ford Probe etc., so this will mean custom hubs or different wheels.

If you want something lighter for Cortina uprights, go for the Raceleda from MNR, but much more expensive.

Coozer, why don't just get the ally ones from Rallydesign if you have Sierra uprights(GTS tuning are the same), you can use your own or ally hubs? But since you've an MNR, don't they use Cortina ???

Greetings,

Bram Boekestein
The Netherlands

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.