Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Warning ipod users or was it just me
mad-butcher

posted on 8/2/09 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Warning ipod users or was it just me

someone gave me a copy of yamipod supposed to be easier than itunes, well loaded it connected swmbo's nano and it's wiped the contents of the pod, any ideas on how I can blame her cos she doesn't know I've messed around with it and no backup of her playlist

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mookaloid

posted on 8/2/09 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Start running

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

bram boekestein

posted on 8/2/09 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
That's always with different pc's, you can only put songs from one pc on it, if you stick it in another one it will erease the song from other pc.
Mark G

posted on 8/2/09 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
try re syncing with iTunes.

David Jenkins

posted on 8/2/09 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Head for the hills! You are up that creek, without a paddle!

Hellfire

posted on 8/2/09 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
I had a smilar event with my swmbo's shuffle... connected to iTunes and NO MUSIC... al I was doing was updating!

Updated the iTunes and it all reappearred... SO updates are not necessarily a good thing!!! You'd think they would check wouldn't you.

I prefer Media Player 11 now... (though sadly it's not iPod compatible) but it does get used for all other MP3 Players. Though it's not as easy to add music to either...

iPod's do have a tendancy from time to time to just f*ck up Having said that I still think they're better than other MP3 Players.

I'd still legit... Steve

rgrs

posted on 8/2/09 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
next time try media monkey (linky)

its a bit safer as it wont wipe the ipod on connection and doesn't take over everything on your pc. good luck

martyn_16v

posted on 8/2/09 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Probably hasn't deleted any music, just made a mess of the database the ipod uses to find it all. I had similar problems when trying combinations of rythmbox/amarok. As has been mentioned, use itunes to sync again.

RK

posted on 8/2/09 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
before you plug in the device, go to preferences or options or whatever it's called, and uncheck "sync". That way you can verify if the songs/playlists you want are going to go to the Nano without it happening in a few seconds and missing things.
mad-butcher

posted on 8/2/09 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
I have had a cunning plan, Ive loaded my playlist ac/dc, black sabbath, led zep etc onto her pod she won't notice the difference between mine and tom jones and other 70's stuff if she does i'll blame the dog
cunning eh

or maybe I should just hide

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.