Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: rough running pinto distributer reqd.
stevem2727

posted on 22/5/09 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
rough running pinto distributer reqd.

Hi all,real long on going problem with my mk.Took the car to Austec in crawley today for a rolling road tune/ diagnostic check.After 3 weeks on the road 150 miles and 3 weeks of thinking i had a fuel problem,he came to the conclusion the fault is with the ignition system.For those who havnt read of the problem,my car will not rev over 2750 revs it just goes flat and holds back,pumping the throttle pedal then increases the revs.Fuel pressure checked,carbs stripped and cleaned,tappetts done,cam belt timing done,timing done,carbs balanced and mixture set.Paul at Austec plugged some machine onto the car and it showed that under load number 4 cylinder was not firing and the others were all over the place.We tried new plugs,ht leads and a coil but none helped,so only thing left is a distributer.my car has electronic ignition and was hoping someone might have a spare in their garage for sale or borrow to see if it is the problem before spending £250 for a new ignition system,thanks guys.
rusty nuts

posted on 22/5/09 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Might be better if this was posted in the wanted section?
smac

posted on 22/5/09 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
If your gonna spend any big money buy a megajolt instead. It will be infinitely superior and transferable to your next engine. ( and a lot less than £250.00)
r1_pete

posted on 22/5/09 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Check the side movement at the top of the dizzy shaft, if its ok a cap and rotor should cure your problem.

If there is movement yes a new distributor or bearings are needed.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 22/5/09 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Which type of dizzy have you
Vacuum /non vacuum ?
have you any photos of what you have
dose the module have 6 wires ?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevem2727

posted on 22/5/09 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
It is a ford dissy that looks like it used to have points.I only have 2 wires coming from it one going to the possitive side of the coil and one to negative.
stevem2727

posted on 22/5/09 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry no vacum,running twin weber 45s

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.