Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Southern Meet + Run 6th Sept
greenwood03

posted on 30/7/09 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Southern Meet + Run 6th Sept

So the plan is to set 4 start points – yep, n/e/s/west. Drivers can come along, meet up and run down together to the venue – convoy style, not mad hooning. Clearly the start points that are selected still may be in the wrong area for some folks – in which case they’re welcome to just work out their own route and drive down on their own and of course we aren’t sure whether car clubs will want to make their own way also, I guess depends on the interest from their members. The venue / destination is Bentley Wildfowl / Motor Museum near Lewes www.bentley.org.uk

BN8 5AF

Having talked with Bentley they are happy for us to park our cars up on their lawned area adjacent to the house to create a bit of a spectacle, so a bit of tyre kicking, talking with fellow owners and a spot of lunch….

The start points are:
East = sevenoaks/wrotham

South = still need someone to shout out to organize this one, but ideally hoping that we’ll get some buy in from coastal owners, in which case somewhere brighton way.

West = newlands near shere/Guildford

North = again, waiting on someone getting involved, ideally Croydon/caterham area.

The runs will determine their own route, and the start times will vary a little to take into account trying to arrive within a similar window – at present aiming to get there 11.00

My interest in this stems from 2 things. Firstly I was aware of owners of my marque that fell between 2 small clubs and therefore who had to travel 30/35 miles before a meet/run had even started and as a consequence aren’t so able to be involved in impromtu runs. Secondly as there is no general website for owners of mixed marques there is no way of telling if there is someone just around the corner who would be welcomed into runs/meets etc. for example I’ve met a Caterham owner on a cple of track days at Brands and we’ve talked about him getting together with a little crowd of us for a run, but as I cant find his number I’ve no way of touching base….this could be a good opportunity to make a few new car buddies.

This invite started with the Tiger Owners of which myself and the organizer for the Newlands end ( nick Mupp)are owners, it has been passed on to all many of marques from Westie’s to Nova’s to Dax's = Caterhams’s. it really would be great to have a good gathering and turnout. Obviously we are hoping that the weather is a bit more settled than it has been of late, so of course final numbers will no doubt depend on weather it’s hosing down or a nice sunny day.

Would be grateful if you could let me know if this appeals to any owners and if so would be helpful to get a note of numbers and whether they would be running direct to Bentley or joining a run? no doubt this thread will fall off the page quickly - so please do email me and i'll gladly keep you updated.....

Many thx
Mark mark.greenwood@klaraconsulting.com

bassett

posted on 30/7/09 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
This sounds like it could be good, what numbers are you looking at from your club? Im in Croydon about 10 mins from Caterham - could probably meet in a lay by off the a22. As you have already said it does depend on weather.

[Edited on 30/7/09 by bassett]

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

bill132hotrod

posted on 31/7/09 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Come on you guys lets have some more attention from the back Ehh, This is going to be one of the best meets.

PERSEVERANCE is the word of the week. Stick with it the results are SWEET.

Humbug

posted on 2/8/09 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
I should be able to make it... from Sevenoaks
Kriss

posted on 3/8/09 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
SOUNDS GOOD FUN

Bassett - any ideas on distance for this?

I am not sure if the Megabusa would go as it seems to tracked or garaged mostly, not that many road miles covered recently, well not by Laurance anyway lol

greenwood03

posted on 3/8/09 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Kriss, i'd guess 40 miles each way from caterham to Bentley, but easy enough to check with google maps.
bassett

posted on 4/8/09 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
From that post code Mark put up i had it about 30 miles if we used the A22. Would the frosts not be interested then? If you are il make it down as long as it isnt raining, tried it the other night - not fun, felt like mini ice missles!

jpindy3

posted on 4/8/09 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
i will be on the road by then so im there
greenwood03

posted on 4/8/09 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
was that you i met with Tony @ gwood??? can you round up anyone else from your neck of the woods?
bill132hotrod

posted on 6/8/09 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys and Girls
Come on take a look the nights are drawing in and the fun days are running out, A good day to be had here contack Mark For the Original Posting For more details.
Cheers One and all.

PERSEVERANCE is the word of the week. Stick with it the results are SWEET.

greenwood03

posted on 10/8/09 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
quick update: obviously with a run like this weather all important - but assuming its not tipping it down looks like we have about 35 cars/owners so far: gt40's, cobras, all sorts.....for those that have given me an email address i'll ping you all an update sometime next week. And for those that havent replied - if you're in kent/surry/sussex/south london let's be hearing from you!!!
martinq357

posted on 23/8/09 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Just thought I'd bring this back to the top. Should be a great run....... as long as the weather holds!!

Martin.

bassett

posted on 23/8/09 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark, as its only two weeks away is this still going ahead? what are the current numbers. Anyway we can drum up some more - what forums has this been shared with?
Adam

greenwood03

posted on 24/8/09 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
i've posted this on following forums: cobras, snaketoruqe, R.hood owners, gt40, the '7' mailing list, have approached: sussex/surrey/kent kit car clubs ( no reply from kent) - have talked with westies + caterhams. caterhams have a handling day the day before, so many of those cant do both, still have a few from there though. waiting numbers from the westies. not sure where else to post it. Have found that just posting provides poor response! have had to try to PM many folks to drum up interest - so in anyone is interested then would be nice to pass the message on to any friends / car buddies to make sure that we get as many as poss.
So far the rough number is just under 50.
I'll be emailing anyone that has responded in the next 48 hours as a reminder, and to confirm timing.

bassett

posted on 24/8/09 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Top work Mark, ive posted a sub thread on the MNR section as they forum is down - again and i was wondering if you wanted to do the same for the other marques? i remember ive missed a few good events having been lazy and not checked this section

Fozzie

posted on 25/8/09 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Multi-posting is a big no-no!

All new threads (apart from Mad House) appear on the front page, so regardless of which section it is in, it will be seen, unless of course some one multi-posts and knocks it off the front page!

I have stickied this thread until after the event....

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

greenwood03

posted on 1/9/09 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
planning for this is in final stages. the start points of newlands and wrotham ( nr 7oaks ) are confirmed, routes have been planned and runners will be given route details on arrival. Newlands are meeting at 9.0 to leave promptly at 9.30.
wrotham ( the moat ) meeting 9.15 to leave 9.45.
if the weather holds then looks like 50+ cars will attend. if you've been 'thinking' about maybe doing this - now's the time to commit! anyone welcome to PM me for further detail......

nicksuper6

posted on 1/9/09 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Who's got the route details Mark for Newlands.If u have on computer e
ail it over to me please mate so that I can get my bearings.I think u have my old email new one is n.ward1965@googlemail.com

greenwood03

posted on 1/9/09 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
nick, have dropped u a mail.....
bassett

posted on 1/9/09 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
This is looking good, weather ispretty terrible up till saturday but so far saturday looks like it will be ok so heres hoping for sunday and the bbc predict something right

GeorgeM

posted on 1/9/09 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
metcheck says dry so fingers crossed

GeorgeM

bassett

posted on 2/9/09 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
BBC goes one better apparently sunny!

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2760
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 2/9/09 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Whats the eta at Bentley for this as theres a few of us from Eastbourne may pop along.
greenwood03

posted on 2/9/09 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Craig - i've told all the indepedant runners to get to Bentley for 11.00 and we've tried to time ( as best we can ) the runs from newlands and wrotham to get there at that time as well. if you can round up some local folks that would be great!
bassett

posted on 6/9/09 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Nice to meet everyone i had a chat with and well done on arranging the meet Mark id say it was a success. Which car was yours by the way?
Adam

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.