Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Congratulations paublo999 @ Fintray
neilj37

posted on 9/8/09 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations paublo999 @ Fintray

Congratulations to Paul who manage to beat the class record for his car at the Fintray hill climb on Saturday and then broke his own class record again on the Sunday. I now think he is about 2.5secs faster than anyone else in his class.
omega 24 v6

posted on 9/8/09 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
He was going well yesterday but when i went to intoduce myself at the car there was never anyone there.
Nice car nice colour.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

paublo999

posted on 11/8/09 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers Neil, good chatting to you

sorry I missed you Omega, I am from Dyce originally and had all of the family there, including my 92 year old Gran.

Video will be up on youtube tonight. Car is going really well after some attention from Matt@Procomp who really knows his suspension.

As for being 2.5 seconds faster than anyone else, I'm sure Moochofun will have something to say about that. I did manage to lower the record by 0.98 seconds to a very respectable 29.36 and got second fastest road car behind a 700bhp evo

Cheers
Paul

[Edited on 11/8/09 by paublo999]

My videos http://www.youtube.com/user/ninjabogeyracing

Agriv8

posted on 11/8/09 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Excelent Result Paul.

Did matt change anything major or just tweak up ? that must have been one hell of a round trip BTW.

get that vid posted up

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

paublo999

posted on 11/8/09 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Did it all mail order, getting the dampers revalved and softer springs on the rear. Matt really knows his stuff and the car is handling very well now. Perhaps just a bit more rebound on the front :!

I would love to get a trip south as both marc and damian from Daytuner are keen to help me do well but budget is tight so will have to make do until the winter.

Will get the video posted tonight.

Paul

Agriv8

posted on 11/8/09 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
just had visions of Postie trying to shove a MNR Shaped package through matt's letterbox

racing ( car is never fast enough ) and budgets ( never big enough to make the car go fast enough )

Look forward to watching reagrds

Iain

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

paublo999

posted on 11/8/09 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-jAg5d47oE

I like the hairpin with just the right amount of added sound effects of tyres screeching

thanks to Matt@procomp for making the beast handle that little bit better

Cheers
Paul

moochofun

posted on 22/8/09 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paublo999

As for being 2.5 seconds faster than anyone else, I'm sure Moochofun will have something to say about that. I did manage to lower the record by 0.98 seconds to a very respectable 29.36 and got second fastest road car behind a 700bhp evo

Yep, you can count on that! Unfortunately not there to show you the way up 'your' hill but congrats again on retaking the class record. This year has been a blast and a great advancement from last year... Hope to be at more events next year to keep you honest!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.