Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 170 passat using oil advoce please
tjoh84

posted on 13/8/09 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
170 passat using oil advoce please

hi i have a 07 2.0 tdi 170 dsg passat
the other day after only 5000 mile my oil light come on. i had a golf tdi b4 with nearly 100k and never needed to top oil up between service.

i spoke to vw bthey said this is ok and can drink 1lt of oil every 750miles what do you think or any vw mechs in the house please.

also seem quiet rought on pull away on a hill bit like a cluch judder or on norm pull off it just one big jud is this right.

car only has 27k

prawnabie

posted on 13/8/09 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
Perfectly normal for that engine, time to open your wallet and keep it open im afraid lol
iceman26

posted on 13/8/09 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
yes that is the correct oil consumption
tjoh84

posted on 13/8/09 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
why so much what about gearbox
richardR1

posted on 13/8/09 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
Girlfriend has a Seat Leon FR TDi with the same 170bhp DPF engine and hers uses similar levels of oil. It's a '57 plate with 22k on the clock. Have to use VW 50700 oil in it as well with it having the DPF. Castrol Edge meets this standard so keep some handy for top ups.

MK Owners Club Member 1015

Triggerhappy

posted on 14/8/09 at 05:06 AM Reply With Quote
I can confirm, have an 2009 TDI170 Passat and it licks oil to but not nearly as bad as my former 200 TurboFSI...it was like 1Litre oil at every third filling of fuel tank....

Im from Sweden, so im escused...The Muppet drummer for president!!

spdpug98

posted on 14/8/09 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
I remember when I picked up my Passat SEL 170 a couple of years ago, after the first 2000 or so miles the oil light came on. As the car was brand new I obviously got on the phone to VW stating that there must be a problem with the car - the reply 'no Sir that is normal!!!'

I am now up to about 80,000 mile and I can get between 3000 & 4000 miles between top ups, not good at £17 per litre

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

Guinness

posted on 14/8/09 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
I've got the 140 TDi in the Seat, and it's totally boring, with the oil level just sitting there totally stationary between services.

I had a 140 TDi Passat which was the same, apart from once when the oil level suddenly dropped. I'd washed the car on the Sunday, checked the oil, all was OK. Drove from home to Manchester and got back as far as Ferrybridge when the low oil level light came on.

It was only a few hundred miles off needing a service, and I was convinced there must be a drain valve connected to the service interval light!!

Mike

nick205

posted on 14/8/09 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
1.9 TDI 150 Leon used a little oil (0.5L) between 10k mile services.

2.0 TDI 140 Passat uses similar between services although long life service interval is approx 18k miles.

Both cars from new needed nearly 2 litres of oil between new and first service which I put down to the engine bedding in. Likewise spoke to 2 VW dealers both of which confirmed this was normal for TDI engines.

rsmith95uk

posted on 14/8/09 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
My 2.0 TDi 140 A4 (2005) uses about 1.5 - 2 litres between long life services.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.