Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Most expensive object or bit of technology you've ever dropped or smashed
paul the 6th

posted on 23/10/09 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Most expensive object or bit of technology you've ever dropped or smashed

after doing this:

smashed iphone
smashed iphone

I just wondered if anyone else has done worse... pics to cheer me up please...

the touch screen still worse even on the broken glass! I love you apple!

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Staple balls

posted on 23/10/09 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
I once dropped a brand new server down a flight of stairs in its box.

No damage

MikeR

posted on 23/10/09 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't drop it, but i was once caught by my manager holding a brand new HP finance server (powered down) 3 foot off the ground with the front pointing to the ground and shaking it.

They'd put in a slot loading CD player with a gap between it and the case 1cm above the slot. Guess which muppet slid the cd into the gap instead of the slot.

Was forced by the boss to wait 2 days for the engineer to turn up - tried not to laugh when he picked up the server and shook it to get the CD out in front of her.

OX

posted on 23/10/09 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Suzuki had just dropped a few bikes off in the crates , so straight away i got to building one of the 1200 bandit's up as it was going out that night ,popped the wheel in and a few other bits and gave it the pre delivery check over ,took it down the road to put a few miles on it and slid it down the road on the second bend ,,oops
mcerd1

posted on 23/10/09 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
I've dropped my old nokia's so many times I've lost count, even drove over one with a tractor once (on concrete) and the worst thats ever happened was the back falling off

and I've dropped a few old PC's and my laptop's taken a few hits too - none of them ever stopped working yet

quote:
Originally posted by paul the 6th
the touch screen still worse even on the broken glass! I love you apple!

I've seen at least 6 others like that, and none of the there touch screens worked (you must be really lucky)
and a tiny splash of water, literaly just a few drops, killed my mums new ipod (I didn't do it)

[Edited on 23/10/09 by mcerd1]

-

02GF74

posted on 23/10/09 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
cracking the front display of an Arcam A90 amp

locogeoff

posted on 23/10/09 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Broke the screen of my HP48GX calculator, was gutted, home insurance coughed up, they said they paid out as I'd been honest with the claim and the fact that they paid HP directly for the repair, I sent HP the damaged one, HP sent me a new one, might have been different if I just wanted the cash value of a new one.
mistergrumpy

posted on 23/10/09 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Kind of the same. When I was in training in the RAF and before the Eurofighter was released we had a full sized plastic replica without wings in the hanger with 3 computers running it. I had to lock up that night with a mate and he shouted over to switch off breaker switch numbers x,y and z which I couldn't find so just flipped the big switch only to hear a massive winding down sound and a little panel swung open to reveal the switches I should've thrown. I'd just broken one of the first Eurofighters before it was fully built
RK

posted on 24/10/09 at 01:22 AM Reply With Quote
Sort of along these lines: In the past 6 months, our little beast, a Spitz, has managed to get into my office and eat SIX pairs of decent aftermarket ipod headphones. She also managed to eat TWO of my brother's phone mic/headphones during a one week visit recently. I prefer not to add up the cost of replacements...
02GF74

posted on 24/10/09 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
Kind of the same. When I was in training in the RAF and before the Eurofighter was released we had a full sized plastic replica without wings in the hanger with 3 computers running it. I had to lock up that night with a mate and he shouted over to switch off breaker switch numbers x,y and z which I couldn't find so just flipped the big switch only to hear a massive winding down sound and a little panel swung open to reveal the switches I should've thrown. I'd just broken one of the first Eurofighters before it was fully built

not, me but on the news quite a few years ago, some Italian was cleaning some jet fighters and bent one of the aerials sticking out of the nose cone - so to hid his mistake, he bent all the aerials on the other planes!!

mistergrumpy

posted on 24/10/09 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
I heard that story years ago. It was the pitot tube on the nose cones though.
Ninehigh

posted on 29/10/09 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
I managed to "drop" about £25k worth of refurbished mobiles. Didn't wrap the boxes properly on the pallet so when forklift guy went to put them on the top of the racking he knocked it slightly and it all came down

Was pretty chuffed with that, was having a competition with a few mates on how much we could cost a company with a mistake like that.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.