Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Work has kicked off this week - recession over?
paul the 6th

posted on 30/10/09 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Work has kicked off this week - recession over?

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a sharp increase in through put over the last 10 days?

Things slowed down a little bit through the "recession" but over the last week & a half, it has gone truely mental! Not just our regular clients either - anyone & everyone who asks what I do, immediately tells me they've been looking for work doing or asks for a card and says they'll be in touch. I've never been busier!

My suppliers, and many of my customers have said the same thing - just wondered if anyone else has noticed an increase in work load?

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
repper

posted on 30/10/09 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
you dont want to be to bizy that will leve no time in the garage
have you got any moor done sinc last time i was round

JoelP

posted on 30/10/09 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
im up to my eyeballs, took on another lad a few weeks back. Never really got that quiet to be honest, i remember 2 weeks with nowt to do but im doing 6 day weeks now.

coozer

posted on 30/10/09 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Nope, still on the dole... manufacturing is still very slow up here as it has been since Mrs Thatchers plained war against 'the enemy inside'

Time for Mr. Griffin I think.....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

JoelP

posted on 30/10/09 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Nope, still on the dole... manufacturing is still very slow up here as it has been since Mrs Thatchers plained war against 'the enemy inside'

aye, we'll throw out all migrants, worry about other policies later! Thats sure to kick start the economy

paul the 6th

posted on 31/10/09 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
lol 4 posts in and it has turned into a political debate already

sorry to hear things haven't picked up for you yet coozer - if work carries on the way it has over the past 2 weeks then I'm confident you won't be twiddling your thumbs for much longer...

hopefully these will cheer you up..

david mitchell sheds some light on the recession: "the thing is though, that amount of money is just some numbers on a computer sort of disappearing or reappearing... it must be very tempting, at the point when you realise that something has gone wrong, someone could sneak up to you and say "just type it back in"... there's no actual stuff, nothing has caught fire, or exploded or sunk, it's just a load of wanker bankers having made bets with each other when they were drunk, no bad thing has happened, it's not like all the pigs in south america suddenly died of blight, it is just people who were juggling numbers which didn't exist and it got out of hand cos they're arseholes...." - Love it original clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdF76QhVEFE

as for griffin, russell howard described him as "he looks like someone has stretched luncheon meat over a toad"... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8boQ5C_qHmo)

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Ninehigh

posted on 7/11/09 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
What recession? We're just as skint now as we ever were!

I like the way a recession starts when the magical "they" say it's going to happen and now they've been harping on that it's over for a month or two it's looking like we're getting out of it.

So what do you do Paul?

locogeoff

posted on 7/11/09 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

aye, we'll throw out all migrants, worry about other policies later! Thats sure to kick start the economy

The scary thing is, if you look at all their policies, and discount their nazi jackboot coulor predudices, they make sense, and like it or not they are going to get a heck of a lot of support from the general populace who are fed up of the current political regime's complete lack of testicular fortitude due to participating in a popularity contest, not acting in a way that is best for the country.

This really scares me in a way that goes beyond normal fear.

paul the 6th

posted on 8/11/09 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
So what do you do Paul?

Just spent 10 mins writing a fairly detailed reply with pics, only for "Please login" to appear FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all on godesign.me.uk - and there are pics of some of our work here: http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCN-K_Inynf3EYA#5401699584615166930

[Edited on 8/11/09 by paul the 6th]

--------

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.