Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Further to my last post about wishbones from Warren (Wozsher)
whitestu

posted on 8/1/10 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Further to my last post about wishbones from Warren (Wozsher)

Does any one on here have contact with him as it has been over 5 weeks since my order and I've had no contact with him since before Xmas.

I'm at the stage of trying to get my money back through Paypal, which I don't want to do, but I need to raise a dispute before 45 days are up for Paypal to investigate it.

I've emailed, U2U'd and called him with no response.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks

Stu

[Edited on 8/1/10 by whitestu]

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 8/1/10 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
I had a similar issue - but I know he had his workshop broken into and tools stolen last year, so suspect he's still in the process of replacing and finding somewhere new!

I wouldn't worry about the lack of contact, I had similar worries but just turns out he hadn't logged in for a fair time!

After all the postive praise he's had on here, I find it hard to believe he'd just "do a runner"!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

mookaloid

posted on 8/1/10 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Get your money back whilst you can would be my advice.

If he wants to do business and conduct himself properly by actually communicating with his customers, then you can pay him when you can actually talk to him and be convinced that he is doing the job properly.

IMHO of course

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Humbug

posted on 8/1/10 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
If nobody on here has a phone number and you can't get to speak to him, I would continue with the PayPal dispute - if you don't do it and it goes over the 45 days you're stuffed.

Personally, I would be understanding about the break-in problems, but that's no excuse for not contacting you - even if for some reason he hasn't picked up his email, he should know that he's had your money for 5 weeks and you are waiting for your 'bones.

all IMHO, of course

BATHO

posted on 8/1/10 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!
quote:

Text
[If he wants to do business and conduct himself properly by actually communicating with his customers, then you can pay him when you can actually talk to him and be convinced that he is doing the job properly.
uote].

WELL SAID.

aitch

posted on 8/1/10 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
has good feedback on here so i wouldnt be too worried

still register a non delivered item with paypal, not a dispute at this stage, your funds will be placed on hold then for 21 days anytime during the 21 days you can escalate it to a dispute

he should after all be in touch with you if hes got delivery problems

you should also be able to get his contact number from paypal...

aitch

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nash

posted on 8/1/10 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in the same boat as Stuart.

Not only is he not picking up messages here he isn't answering direct emails or his phone either!

As stated elsewhere here good manners would dictate he simply contact us to let us know what is going on. Silence in not a way to conduct business.

I have logged a dispute with Paypal for non receipt of goods so lets see if that helps?

Warren call us please I just want my wishbones.

Fossie, can you tell us when was the last time Warren logged onto the forum please?

........Neil

[Edited on 8/1/10 by Nash]

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

JoelP

posted on 8/1/10 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
i too would agree to not let the paypal time limits run out - you can always resend the money later and have another 45 days. He should be understanding since it has undeniably been a bit too long without contact.

Also, he wouldnt be the first forum member to turn people over if it did come to that, so dont place blind faith in peoples good nature just because they are a known name on a forum. BEC owners and GTS spring to mind, though i hope to the car gods that he doesnt follow their lead!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

JoelP

posted on 8/1/10 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nash
Fossie, can you tell us when was the last time Warren logged onto the forum please?

........Neil

easily done:

Last active: 7/1/10 at 14:03

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

cd.thomson

posted on 8/1/10 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
im in a similar position with a well regarded supplier on here.

at a loss really, as i've never heard a bad word, and don't like to air my laundry!

I'm sure it'll be sorted soon.

Craig

Nash

posted on 8/1/10 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
quote:

........Neil

easily done:

Thats a worry!

Southern Kit Car Club

Dangle_kt

posted on 8/1/10 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

........Neil

easily done:

His young lad comes on here a lot too - so no guarentee is warren unfortunatly.

I have never had any major difficulties contacting warren really - maybe not easy to get hold of, but nothing a bit of effort on my part didnt solve.

Maybe not the best way to do business, but as with most people in the industry, you are not dealing with a company with a corporate approach and customer service team, but one bloke with a passion for engineering and cars who is starting out making money at his hobby.

Also, I always found Warren's rates really really good compared to anyone else. I suppose if I booked a flight on ryanair I expect to be treated in a different way than if I booked first class on emerates. You pays your money you makes your choice.

If my experience is anything to go by i wouldnt worry, it will all be good in the end. However thats just me, and if your not the laid back type I can understand it might twist your noodle a bit.

david

posted on 8/1/10 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
wozsher wishbones

had a slight problem with warren . He made me a set of wishbones and they were perfect. However I needed special longer ones and he took a while to make them but he produced the goods and made the specials for free. I think that he may having domestic problems etc. but in my opinion he is trustworthy.
Nash

posted on 8/1/10 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
quote:
quote:

........Neil

easily done:

His young lad comes on here a lot too - so no guarentee is warren unfortunatly.

I have never had any major difficulties contacting warren really - maybe not easy to get hold of, but nothing a bit of effort on my part didnt solve.

Maybe not the best way to do business, but as with most people in the industry, you are not dealing with a company with a corporate approach and customer service team, but one bloke with a passion for engineering and cars who is starting out making money at his hobby.

Also, I always found Warren's rates really really good compared to anyone else. I suppose if I booked a flight on ryanair I expect to be treated in a different way than if I booked first class on emerates. You pays your money you makes your choice.

If my experience is anything to go by i wouldnt worry, it will all be good in the end. However thats just me, and if your not the laid back type I can understand it might twist your noodle a bit.

As I've stated in all my messages to him if he just lets me know whats happening I'm ok.

It's not about being laid back, I didn't set the 10 day delivery lead time, I have chased respectfully for 4 weeks, I have rang, emailed, u2u'd and nothing. Thats not acceptable either as a business or a passionate individual that is trying to cover his hobby costs.

He is registered as a trader and is a well respected member of this forum. I have no wish to upset either but in the same was as I "pay my money and take my chance" he "makes his bed and lies in it"

If anyone has direct access to him and speaks to him can they suggest as strongly as possible that he contacts the customers that have left numerous massages for him.

or if you are his son and reading this can you contact your Dad and let him know people are asking him to contact them.

Thank you.

............Neil

Southern Kit Car Club

whitestu

posted on 8/1/10 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
I've also now raised this as a dispute with Paypal.

Stu

mad4x4

posted on 8/2/10 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
I spoke to him (via U2U) and everything was OK still offering Bones for Sale.

Tried to order them a Week ago and PAYPAL is saying the Email address is INVALID and also he is now not answering U2U......

DAMN was needing some top bones as well - anyone know anyone else doing wozsher design Bones......?

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

stevec

posted on 8/2/10 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
08/02/2010
Looks like I may have had the last set a few months ago.
I had no problem with the deal.
I hope he is Ok and sorts you guys out in the end.
Steve

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.