Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Air Filter
001Ben

posted on 1/2/10 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Air Filter

After managing to squeeze the chargecooler under the bonnet I haven't got any room for the air filter. Can anyone recommend an airfilter that i can stick on the turbo outside the car, the dimensions need to be 60mm internal, overal length 120mm and width of 100mm. Heres a pic for reference:

Air Filter
Air Filter

blakep82

posted on 1/2/10 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
have you got any spare room in your nose cone? could you run some intake ducting into there, and put your filter in the nose? looks quite close to the wheel there. looks like it might also get quite wet if it rains

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

001Ben

posted on 1/2/10 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
good point - hadn't thought of the rain. No room in the nose as i have the radiator, chargecooler rad and the oil cooler
blakep82

posted on 1/2/10 at 11:47 PM Reply With Quote
any spare room in front of the scuttle perhaps?
just looking at your photos, theres a bit of space next to the header tank. if thats still there its an option. maybe a scoop to get a good supply of cool air at it. or even a NACA duct or 2 with some more ducting.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

bimbleuk

posted on 2/2/10 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 001Ben
good point - hadn't thought of the rain. No room in the nose as i have the radiator, chargecooler rad and the oil cooler

I made a side entry to my engine bay to feed an enclosed cone filter. The round inlet hole was just behind the drivers side wheel. The first day I went out after installing was wet and the first puddle I went through filled the inlet tube with water. Luckily I had installed a ubend to counter this but it was still close to sucking in a lot of water.

After that I made a wedge shape side exit vent from the engine bay which mostly covered the inlet and shielded it from the water splashes.

Triggerhappy

posted on 2/2/10 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
KN has an great search funtion: http://www.knfilters.com/search/universal.aspx

You might find an solution there!

Im from Sweden, so im escused...The Muppet drummer for president!!

001Ben

posted on 2/2/10 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the relies. I am wondering whether i will be able to use some flexible ipe and do some sort of return to the scuttle for it to sit there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.