Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where are your road trips going this summer
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 6/4/10 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
Where are your road trips going this summer

Stoney for a shakedown
Achenvennal , garelochhead ,the rest and be thankful , Skye if they have fixed the roads

France and Germany

skodaman

posted on 6/4/10 at 12:41 AM Reply With Quote
The missus has banned Scotland from our holiday list after being eaten alive by midges on our Fiat Panda trip to Skye years ago.
So looks like it'll be The Philippines and a hired jeepney again unfortunately.

Skodaman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 6/4/10 at 01:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skodaman
The missus has banned Scotland from our holiday list after being eaten alive by midges on our Fiat Panda trip to Skye years ago.
So looks like it'll be The Philippines and a hired jeepney again unfortunately.

midges love the thin ENGLISH BLOOD.....ask my mrs

Guinness

posted on 6/4/10 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
We'll be aiming for

Mike

antonio

posted on 6/4/10 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
california
coozer

posted on 6/4/10 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Yorkshire moors...

Sunday drives up Hartside.

Big blat round Scotland planned as well.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Hammerhead

posted on 6/4/10 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
Nurburgring in May!
scootz

posted on 6/4/10 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
I'm meeting my mates Lars and Anders in Copenhagen and then driving to Bosnia to catch up with some of our old buddies that we met there.

We'll finish off the tour with a weekend at the Croatian coast.

Here's a photo of my old Exige near Mostar in Bosnia in 2005. God, I miss that car... mind you, couldn't get in or out of the bugger, so that's why it went!

It's Evolution Baby!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 6/4/10 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Just planning a trip up scotland in the TVR with the Mrs,going mid July,planning on 3 or 4 nights in travellodges along the way to keep costs down,this is my rough guide route.Ive not been to this part Scotland before,so if anyone knows any places worth a visit along the way,detours etc,please let me know.
beaver34

posted on 6/4/10 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
Just planning a trip up scotland in the TVR with the Mrs,going mid July,planning on 3 or 4 nights in travellodges along the way to keep costs down,this is my rough guide route.Ive not been to this part Scotland before,so if anyone knows any places worth a visit along the way,detours etc,please let me know.

looks like a map from a tour place ive seen,

ill be doing the same thing i think aswell this year

:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 6/4/10 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

you need to go further north! the best roads are especially on the west coast..

PAUL FISHER

posted on 7/4/10 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
quote:

Yes I got map and the idea from the Circuitdays webb site,but I don't want to pay there £500!!! per person charge for doing it,so it would be a £1000 for the two of us,+£250 fuel+spending money,it would make it a expensive 3 days.
I think,it true locost fashion,and being a tight ass,I can do it all for around £500 including fuel

PAUL FISHER

posted on 7/4/10 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by :{THC}:YosamiteSam
quote:

you need to go further north! the best roads are especially on the west coast..

Yes, a mate of mine also said the same thing,go upto john o groats,then come down the west coast for the best roads,a shame not too realy after going all the way up to Inverness,but I think I would struggle a bit time wise in the 3/4 days to fit all that in,and also already going to be doing over a 1000 miles,in a 5 litre v8 V power is at £1.26 a litre now,god knows what its going to be in July

beaver34

posted on 7/4/10 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
quote:

Yes I got map and the idea from the Circuitdays webb site,but I don't want to pay there £500!!! per person charge for doing it,so it would be a £1000 for the two of us,+£250 fuel+spending money,it would make it a expensive 3 days.
I think,it true locost fashion,and being a tight ass,I can do it all for around £500 including fuel

ill follow you and slipstream and save even more

flak monkey

posted on 7/4/10 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
I would like to god up to the highlands with the GTS at some point. Whether it be this year though I dont know.

The first long trip will be Stoneleigh for me this year.

I have a couple of weeks of holiday to book off work yet, dont know what to do with them though.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.