Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Dont be tight!!!
josh

posted on 5/6/10 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Dont be tight!!!

Well after weeks of pi$$ing around, i've finally started my chassis

Nice solid base to work from, all painted white. plan drawn out, loads of steel. away we go!
started off fine, got the main floorpan shape down and tacked, then for some unknown reason my welder decides he's had enough, throws a strop and stops dead!!!!!!!!!

Pulled apart, cleaned, checked still no life.
Now in for another few agonising weeks till the bank balance is in the black then shiny new welder:
That'll teach me to be a tihgt @r$e

TODAYS TOP TIP:
Dont skimp on the important things (or borrow of a so called mate!) Buy quality once, not sh!!!tE twice.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichardK

posted on 5/6/10 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Did you see this? dunno how we could get it to you though?

Linky

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
josh

posted on 5/6/10 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
bit of a trek...i'll keep a beady eye on it

See if i cant persuade the wife to a journey up country!!!

Stuart_B

posted on 5/6/10 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
hi josh, bad luck on the welder,

i notice that you are around the conor from me, well clacton to colchester is not that far,

may have to net up and have a chat.

stu

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

josh

posted on 5/6/10 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah mate definatly.
give me a chance to pick your brain on components ect.

hughpinder

posted on 7/6/10 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
I used to have a SIP weld that would cut out in hot weather if you left it switched on and in the direct sun - it used to run again, but took about 3 hours to cool enough to start again

May be worth checking if its going again a few hours later, and if it is - make sure its in the shade when you're working

Regards
Hugh

flibble

posted on 7/6/10 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Worth keeping an eye on:
Clarke 160en

1 Day left and only at £20, you might be lucky and get it fot £30, then again, it may well rocket up to £200 in the last 10 seconds, a'la Ebay sniping

josh

posted on 7/6/10 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Must of cut out with the heat, tried it to day worked but farting and spluttering with no decent welds
Got new regulator ordered see if that improves it. The mate i got it of said it hadn't been used in a while........looks like not loooked after either. If this doesn't work gonna have to bite the bullet and stick it on the plastic!!!! Itching to get that chassis finished!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.