Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: silverstone, garages, getting close to cars etc?
andy188

posted on 24/8/10 at 06:09 AM Reply With Quote
silverstone, garages, getting close to cars etc?

Hi, going to silverstone this weekend for the racing (first time, yeh), will we be able to get near the cars in garages etc, talk to drivers, mechanics etc, hope you all have a good weekend racing, thanks andy
MK9R

posted on 24/8/10 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andy188
Hi, going to silverstone this weekend for the racing (first time, yeh), will we be able to get near the cars in garages etc, talk to drivers, mechanics etc, hope you all have a good weekend racing, thanks andy

I assume you mean the 750mc meet this weekend? If so yes, you can go anywhere you like, plus a lot of of us are setup outside the garages as there isn't space. You can also get into most of the grandstands on the inside of the circuit. If you have room throw a push bike in, it makes getting round so much quicker and easier

Here is the program and timetable, plus where the different formulas will be parked up

http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/uploaded/08%20Silverstone.pdf

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 24/8/10 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
what are the ticket prices,the silverstone site only seems to mention the big meets,anyone else from LCB racing this saturday?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

MK9R

posted on 24/8/10 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
usually £10-£12. I'd offer my spares, but i've already donated them. Defo worth asking on here if there are any going though.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 24/8/10 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
Loads of LCB members racing.. I can't open the pdf to check entries but may include (now here's a memory test):
MK9R
Progers
Ernie
Blackie
motodb82
modee
SMittell
Simes43
Richd
SteveIOW
TMC Motorsport
Procomp21 (I see you Newbie!)

etc

theconrodkid

posted on 24/8/10 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
forecast looks good,ill be there in my LCB T shirt....no sugar in mine

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

andy188

posted on 24/8/10 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for info about silverstone this weekend, dont know if i can fit my bike into my kitcar, lol, aim to come up in it, tickets are £10 on the day, look under club events on silverstone web site, got my six the other day through the post. andy
procomp

posted on 24/8/10 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

The great thing about the 750mc race meetings is that people who come to watch and walk around the paddock are made to feel most welcome. I suspect that if you asked any driver about there car they would be very willing to talk about it and whats involved with running the car Etc.

Maybe we could have an official report with marks out of 10 from theconrodkid as to who made the best Tea / coffee n biscuits.

Cheers Matt

andy188

posted on 24/8/10 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Mat,

hows the ankles, will you be there this weekend ?, glad to hear its so welcomming, as this forum is too, will be great to meet you and the drivers/cars etc, get some advise on car setup etc, thanks again Andy

procomp

posted on 24/8/10 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Nott too bad ta. But having recently being trying to use the crutches etc. It has been discovered i am perhaps trying a bit too much little to soon . So in reality attending Silverstone is not going to happen due to the distinct possibility of me over doing it there also. Although Ivan will be there.

cheers Matt

austin man

posted on 24/8/10 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
me and 4 others should be in attendance for the weekend 4 Indys and a Tiger. The 750 is a good series to follow its about driver ability racing like for like. Pity Silverstone dont allow camping
other circuits they race at do

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

ShaunB

posted on 24/8/10 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Does the no camping on-site rule apply to competitors too? I'm testing Friday pm and racing Sat so was hoping to crash out in my little tent for the night.

Cheers,
Shaun.

MK9R

posted on 24/8/10 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
me and 4 others should be in attendance for the weekend 4 Indys and a Tiger. The 750 is a good series to follow its about driver ability racing like for like. Pity Silverstone dont allow camping
other circuits they race at do

Most of us either camp or stay in motorhomes, buses, vans etc, not a problem, no one ever asks for you to prove you are a competitor.

[Edited on 24/8/10 by MK9R]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.