Radeon HD 6850
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: graphic card poll
mookaloid

posted on 21/11/10 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
graphic card poll

Trying to decide which way to go with graphics card upgrade.

I've always liked Nvidia cards as they seem to just work whereas the Radeon cards seem to have a performance edge but are trickier to get working.

Which one to go for?

cheers

Mooky

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

RichardK

posted on 21/11/10 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Only went nvid cos there was no either, nowt in them in my view, both great.

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 21/11/10 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
I have always used Radeon cards and find them very good straight out of the box but you can tweak them quite a bit if you want to.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigpig

posted on 21/11/10 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
I used to have ATI, dodgy DOS drivers, blue screens on Win 2K and stuck to NVIDIA.
In the last 3 to 4 years ATI have upped their game and have got better since AMD now run the shop. After all if the AMD dragon platform wouldn't run games they would be in the poop.

NVIDIA did have an issue with a bad reputation for poor solder and rebranding graphics cards with no major improvement whilst ATI moved ahead.

From the last time I looked, the ranges of cards are very similar with ATI giving a slight better bang for the buck.

I swapped to ATI on my last upgrade and was happy with that and did it because it was cheap for the performance and reliable. Runs under win 7 64 bit and Linux fine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.