Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Streaming video to Android phone
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 7/2/11 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Streaming video to Android phone

I have a Netgear Duo nas which is happily streaming my vids and music to my PS3 on my local network.

I have downloaded an app called 2player which will stream my music to my HTC desire nicely, anyone know of an app which will stream the videos stored on my nas to my phone? I can't seem to find one.

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

lsdweb

posted on 7/2/11 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Liam

This is no help with your question but how do you find the Netgear Duo nas?

Regards

Wyn

RazMan

posted on 7/2/11 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Ooooh! I've got the same setup and will download the app to have a look when I get time.

btw - ReadyNas Duo is a lovely bit of kit but can be a bit fiddly to set up properly. There are a few forums to help if neccessary but if you get the approved hard drives then it is pretty straightforward.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jonno

posted on 7/2/11 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Not too sure but have a look for vlc, I think there is one that streams but not sure about nas

having fun on a budget

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 7/2/11 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
I have had some trouble getting things going but my router and main pc have playing up which has complicated things. once sorted though it has been ace and worked fantastically with my ps3. I was carefully to buy only their supported hard drives.

vlc running on a pc will stream to the phone but I was looking for a solution which didn't involve a pc running a.streaming client

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.