Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help Needed
RMarine

posted on 7/5/11 at 12:22 AM Reply With Quote
Help Needed

The bloody electrics on my car are a nightmare... i have been trying to get the light and dash working for about 6 Days now and have failed... the problem i am having is that the wiring diagram is hand drawn and wants you to use the old type rocker switches, i of course want to use the stalks off the sierra and lovely billet switches. i cant do it, i am too stupid............. PLEASE O PLEASE can someone come around and help me sort this out...(or do I for me), all the tea and cake you can eat and I also have a powder coating machine with loads of colours that you could use and a load of other tools, cranes, stands and welders that i would gratefully allow you to borrow in return from saving my car from the unwanted ads. I am around all this weekend and next weekend. oh I live Dunstable, Bedfordshire.........

Its all Mark Evans fault......

austin man

posted on 7/5/11 at 06:32 AM Reply With Quote
Had the same problem myself, the sierra had a couple of switch configurations eo first thing yu need to know is which switch
There is a number stamped on the back if I recall correctly the problem is something to do with the switching of the earth supply. Once
You know what switch you have just follow the sierra diagram

Sorr can't be of more help

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

nick205

posted on 7/5/11 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
what loom are you using?

someone's bound to have used the same loom/stalks/swutches etc. can you post some pics of the wiring diagram?

snowy2

posted on 7/5/11 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
what ever you do if your using the column switches from a sierra you are almost certainly going to have to use relays as the column switches will not be up to running the lights for very long and will burn out very quickly.

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

coozer

posted on 7/5/11 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Sierra column stalks are designed to earth relays to switch the lights, expect the side lights which are a proper switch! Do not expect to run headlights off them without relays for very long... fire springs to mind.

Get the Sierra manual, it has good individual wiring diagrams and very easy to understand. (for me anyway)

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Daddylonglegs

posted on 7/5/11 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Got these 2 diagrams (of the forum ) if they help mate:

Description
Description

Sierra Pinouts
Sierra Pinouts

JB

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.