Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bit of help with my emissions (Power Commander)
locostbuyer83

posted on 17/5/11 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Bit of help with my emissions (Power Commander)

I've managed to find a garage that will run an MOT on my car this weekend so that I know the brakes and lights and everything are good for the IVA.

I failed my previous IVA on the emissions so I have bought a power commander.

Does anyone have a map for the following setup...

ZX12r 2003
ITG Sausage filter
MK Backbox with separate cat (rated at 100 cell)

Just need to pass the IVA and then I can get it properly set up!

Many Thanks

[Edited on 17/5/11 by locostbuyer83]

fluidslvr

posted on 17/5/11 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
have a map for

2001 ZX12
ITG Sausage
400cell cat
STD bike can

can mail it across if its any use to you...

http://mkmidi.blogspot.com

locostbuyer83

posted on 17/5/11 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
I'm testing the emissions on Saturday so I can probably try a couple of maps.
russbost

posted on 17/5/11 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
If you can't get a suitable map then I've found leaning off about 15-20% at 2500-3000 rpm & leaning around 25%at idle (1000-1500) is a good start. As long as you don't have a whole host of other fails they'll usually let you have a few goes thro' the emissions test - just be aware that bike engines don't like doing nearly 3000 rpm for any length of time with b*gger all airflow - I would suggest bypassing the fan switch as this will delay coolant warm up whilst not affecting CAT operating temp.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
locostbuyer83

posted on 17/5/11 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
If you can't get a suitable map then I've found leaning off about 15-20% at 2500-3000 rpm & leaning around 25%at idle (1000-1500) is a good start. As long as you don't have a whole host of other fails they'll usually let you have a few goes thro' the emissions test - just be aware that bike engines don't like doing nearly 3000 rpm for any length of time with b*gger all airflow - I would suggest bypassing the fan switch as this will delay coolant warm up whilst not affecting CAT operating temp.

I'm not familiar with setting up the power commander but will hopefully be able to work it out. I've got an MOT test so I can try and get it right before the test.

And since the reason I have to pay for a complete new test is because the engine overheated I'm certainly going to be putting a massive industrial fan in front of the car through the emission test!

locostbuyer83

posted on 22/5/11 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
Went for my pretend MOT yesterday and on the emissions the car was way out. Turned the figures way down and it's fine now on emissions at fast idle and idle.

We did manage to melt the garages probe though! Doh!

Sorted the headlight alignment and the car passed the brake test.

Now just have to wait for the 6th June!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.