Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PowerCommander - Emissions test tomorrow
locostbuyer83

posted on 20/5/11 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
PowerCommander - Emissions test tomorrow

Hi Everyone,

My Powercommander arrived yesterday so its all installed in the car, tested and works fine.

I have loaded on a map that a fellow member kindly sent that he used for his IVA

Now if the emissions are still a little out, is it just a case of increasing the negative figures on the table or is there a guide to go by?

I will probably be able to have a few attempts on the emmisions test so will have the chance to change the values but I'm not that sure on what to change them to.

I've also got a load of maps from the power commander website but I won't be able to try all of them.

Any thoughts?

twybrow

posted on 20/5/11 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Stu - sorry, a little off topic, but where did you buy your Power Commander from, and did you get a good price?
locostbuyer83

posted on 20/5/11 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
Hi Stu - sorry, a little off topic, but where did you buy your Power Commander from, and did you get a good price?

here:
DYNOJET POWER COMMANDER PCIII usb FOR KAWASAKI on eBay (end time 22-May-11 11:18:44 BST)

They took about 5 days to deliver it but seemed reasonable

jack_t

posted on 20/5/11 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
i take it the oil in your engine is brand new less than 20 miles old as that can affect your emissions and try putting a tank of shell v power aswell may cos an extra couple of pence per litre but burns hotter and cleaner especially in bike engine ( heats cat up faster aswell ideally water temps want to be mid 80's )
adithorp

posted on 20/5/11 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
It's a case of altering the cells of the map in the areas where th test is done at IVA with either positive values to richen or negative to weaken. So thats zero throttle/idle and a few cells around and 2500-3000rpm and the corresponding throttle opening (it'll show on the lap top what throttle you're using to achieve the revs). You don't need to mess with any of the other areas. I found I needed the fan perminently switched on to do the test, as it was coming on and off during the fast idle test and effecting the revs and the readings. Be carefll you don't melt thier exhaust probe. Get it very hot first otherwise the 'cat won't be opperating. They're either not hot enough and not working, or reach temp and work. It's not a gradual thing.
It'll be worth also checking how it runs at 3/4 max power revs to make its smooth at those revs. Thats where the noise test is done and any poping/roughness will effect the dB reading.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

locostbuyer83

posted on 20/5/11 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jack_t
i take it the oil in your engine is brand new less than 20 miles old as that can affect your emissions and try putting a tank of shell v power aswell may cos an extra couple of pence per litre but burns hotter and cleaner especially in bike engine ( heats cat up faster aswell ideally water temps want to be mid 80's )

Yeah its all new. Wish someone had told me earlier as I have a tank of standard in.. I'll get a load of fancy fuel for IVA.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.