Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone running a Vauxhall ecotec X20XEV engine?
alistairolsen

posted on 1/6/11 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone running a Vauxhall ecotec X20XEV engine?

Hi, looking for a few bits of info on these:

Does anyone have a pic of the standard sump (inside)?

Has anyone converted to bike carbs and if so which ones/what jets?

Has anyone moved away from the polyvee pulley back to a single vee and if so, which crank pulley fits?

I believe the old 8v flywheels fit and are lighter?

Cheers

My Build Thread

issunaz

posted on 5/6/11 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
There a couple of X30XE's in mid build and one with throttle bodies in a Westfiels in Ireland, but no X20XE.

I'm runnig a 2.2 and think the sump is too low! easier with teh X30 XE as it has a double winged sump.

Martin

DH2

posted on 6/6/11 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
I have an X20XEV in my Stylus... but I don't have answers to your questions because it has a Manta winged sump, also Manta flywheel and clutch, and Weber TBs on it.
It is actually a bit of a hybrid (not that sort of hybrid) engine which has been fairly extensively modified - seems to have alot of grunt, but I've not driven it much and I didn't build it.
I'll be pulling the engine out soon, as I am swapping it to a Zetec SE, so if anyone wants a ~200bhp X20XEV it's going for a relative song...

DH2

omega 24 v6

posted on 6/6/11 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Blake?? Is yours not an X20XEV.
they are very similar to a redtop ( to an extent )

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

blakep82

posted on 6/6/11 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
sure is, but i can't answer any of the questions i'm afraid

i can sort of, but not 100% sure, here's why...

sump, don't know

bike carbs, yes i've got them fitted, but i've not jetted them yet, think 1.6mm was suggested, but can't say for definite as i've not had it running properly or for more than 30 seconds.

i'm keeping the poly v belts, but i think the 8v crank pulley fits, but again, not done it, so not sure if thats actually correct or not. why would you need to move away from poly v though? space is tight in the front of my car, so i might need to, as my belt touches the steering rack clamps at the moment, but thats just becasue the engine's not properly bolted in at the minute. its all twisted round, and the gearbox isn't bolted in right just now

8v flywheels, no idea. sounds useful if its does fit, but not something i've heard before.

so, not actually much help really. although maybe a slight guide in a direction? if its the right one, i don't know

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.