Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wanted (OT) Firewood
PSpirine

posted on 30/11/11 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Wanted (OT) Firewood

Anyone here somewhere in Gloucestershire or somewhere vaguely along the M40/M42/M6 corridor from roughly Banbury to Manchester have any firewood they want to get rid of? Hardwood/softwood as long as it burns I'm happy!

Long shot but thought I'd check before I go ordering a load.

BenB

posted on 30/11/11 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
We get stuff delivered at work by the pallet and doing up the house we've had stuff done by pallet. They burn quite nicely (obviously not the returnable ones ).
I think there's about £10's worth of kindling in a pallet and I get 'em free Quality.

A1

posted on 30/11/11 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
if you see a poorly tree you could always chop it down...thats what I did when I was a lad.
macc man

posted on 30/11/11 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
I would ring round the local tree surgeons. Some are glad to get rid of wood they have felled. If you give some beer money they will drop a few tons to keep you going.

catman

posted on 30/11/11 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
i have a forestry company,(www.fullersforestry.co.uk) i would doubt that anyone would give timber away at the mo its like gold, if i could cut down ten times as much i could sell it all for firewood!

Ed

[Edited on 30/11/11 by catman]

caged supersix
Carbon/GRP
210 bhp silvertop
190 lbft

Andi

posted on 30/11/11 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
Try your local council .... In Leicester up until 2 years ago you could get it for free, now there is a charge of £10 for a trailer load. Its green wood but cut into manageable chunks, but if its for a log burner you would need to cut and split, then store it for a couple of months. This sort of stuff mostly isnt advertised so you would need to ring up the parks and recreational services departments and ask to speak to the managers.

HTH
Andi

PSpirine

posted on 30/11/11 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks everyone, a few good leads I'll chase up!

As for tree surgeons.. tree surgeons are the ones selling half the firewood around here so I doubt they'll want to offer it gratis!

Cheers
Pavel

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.