Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Build Diary Page Started
hicost

posted on 6/10/12 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Build Diary Page Started

Hi

Following on from the fire and destruction of my original Sportster 7 I am rebuilding a car with many new changes and modifications based around a Lotus 7 inspired car.

Please come over and say hello and give me some feedback.

Thanks

James

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/LotusSportster7

"I cant do that without accidentally grabbing hold of the work of the divine potter"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
snakebelly

posted on 6/10/12 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Not wanting to put a downer on the thread but is Farcebook really the place for a build diary, I don't Farcebook and as a result can't view...,
HappyFather

posted on 6/10/12 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations for having processed the problem and moved forward. And thus starting a new one

I've liked your page, wish you the best getting it on the road!

Cheers,
HappyFather

designer

posted on 6/10/12 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
Ditto, no facebook for me.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 6/10/12 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
Not wanting to put a downer on the thread but is Farcebook really the place for a build diary, I don't Farcebook and as a result can't view...,

Have you tried clicking the link? I can view the page (though not comment obviously) even when logged out of facebook.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

designer

posted on 6/10/12 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Have you tried clicking the link?

Don't intend to, don't do facebook, more important things to do than get bombarded with ads.

iank

posted on 6/10/12 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
quote:

Have you tried clicking the link?

Don't intend to, don't do facebook, more important things to do than get bombarded with ads.

No one suggested that you "do" facebook, but for your information there are three ads on that facebook page when I'm logged in, and none when I'm not, two fewer than locostbuilders...
Do you never click links/go to youtube/google, watch tv, read newspapers to avoid the ads?

[Edited on 6/10/12 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

snakebelly

posted on 6/10/12 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
As soon as I click the link it takes me to a login page and I can't go any further
designer

posted on 6/10/12 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

for your information there are three ads on that facebook page when I'm logged in, and none when I'm not, two fewer than locostbuilders...

Yes, but Locosters is not 'logging' everything I do in order to give me ads for stuff they think I need!!

Regards facebook, I am not bothered what somebody had for dinner, that they went to the Park, how drunk they were and how little Jimmy now goes to the toilet on his own!

snakebelly

posted on 6/10/12 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread
Nick DV

posted on 7/10/12 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Good luck with the rebuild.

Cheers, Nick

"The force will be with you, always!"

hicost

posted on 7/10/12 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Update

Good day on the chassis today. James came over and gave me a hand, thanks.

Please find an updated link.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.282795871837929.66020.279320968852086&type=1&l=41563f943e

James

"I cant do that without accidentally grabbing hold of the work of the divine potter"

James

posted on 7/10/12 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
End of day 1!

[img] Chassis started
Chassis started
[/img]

[img] End of Day 1
End of Day 1
[/img]

A pleasure to drink your tea and chat with you when you should have been building mate!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

mcerd1

posted on 8/10/12 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
As soon as I click the link it takes me to a login page and I can't go any further

try clicking the 'close' button at the bottom

-

welderman

posted on 8/10/12 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
been following along on facebook, looking and making good progress James

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

ceebmoj

posted on 9/10/12 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Have you got any data on the inboard disks, i.e. what they are form what mods are needed?

hicost

posted on 9/10/12 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Midweek

Please find below a link to my latest updates from tonight. Very happy to date!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.283584095092440.66241.279320968852086&type=1&l=d13522760d

With reard the disks I will post some information on the over the next week or so when I clean them down. I did not do the conversion but it looks straight forward enough.

I will measure up and take some pictures.

Thanks

James

ceebmoj

posted on 10/10/12 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hicost
isks I will post some information on the over the next week or so when I clean them down. I did not do the conversion but it looks straight forward enough.

I will measure up and take some pictures.

Thanks, looks like an interesting change to the normal set-up.

hicost

posted on 16/10/12 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
More Updates

Latest updates, im enjoying building it now, as I have not got as much time as I thought.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.286329341484582.67149.279320968852086&type=1&l=b0f6976ffc

James

hicost

posted on 20/10/12 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
iCloud photos

I have setup a shared iCloud photo store in case people do not have Facebook.

I will always add new pictures to it.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A55oqs3qGe9ZxW

James

hicost

posted on 28/10/12 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Today

Quite alot of progress this weekend, it now looks like a car I think!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.290970274353822.68450.279320968852086&type=1#!/LotusSportster7

Updated pictures enclosed.

James

hicost

posted on 28/10/12 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
More

Pictures only link

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A55oqs3qGe9ZxW

hicost

posted on 12/3/13 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Update

Just incase anyone is remotely into my build linky update here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=tn_tnmn#!/LotusSportster7

James

T66

posted on 12/3/13 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
I am feeling very amateurish - Nice build Sir !

hicost

posted on 26/3/13 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Update Again

My build linky update here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=tn_tnmn#!/LotusSportster7

James

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.