Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA - how long do I have to wait?
smart51

posted on 24/1/13 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
DVLA - how long do I have to wait?

It's now 9 weeks since I applied for a registration mark and over 2 weeks since they inspected the car. I've had a letter from my insurance broker telling me the underwriter is cancelling the policy because there is no registration mark and I lose the whole sum. Just how long does it take for them to issue a number?

deeceee09

posted on 24/1/13 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
I called at the Northampton DVLA office on 8th Nov with the application, car inspected on 12th and number issued on 13th. I should chase like crazy and write an "official complaint".

Treachery and old age will always triumph over youthful enthusiasm.

ashg

posted on 24/1/13 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
They can do it while you wait at Maidstone. Go to the local office and refuse to leave until you walk out with a reg.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

rb968

posted on 24/1/13 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
They can do it as quickly as they want to.

I guess they have all your paperwork and IVA certificate so going somewhere else is not an option.

If you can't get into the office and speak to the manager call the main DVLA complaints number and ask for the name of the local office manager. You have to write to them but I did and they had my registration to me by return post next day!

That's if local offices still exist?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=161580

Rich

[Edited on 24/1/13 by rb968]

Bizarro

posted on 24/1/13 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
The inspector in Nottingham told me they had to issue the new registration within 48 hours of the inspection, got mine in the post the day after the inspection.

I would guess yours has been lost in 'the system', have you been back to the DVLA office that did the inspection?

adithorp

posted on 25/1/13 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Phone the insurance and explain. They can usually extend the insurance if you ask, but only a couple of weeks. Then go to DVLA with the letter and ask where it is.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

smart51

posted on 25/1/13 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
I phoned them and got the whole closing down sob story. They're closing at the end of December, peolple have been leaving etc. We've got your application and will process it as soon as posible. 'So today?' I ask. No, some time next week. This is where the conversation turned. I gave them my own insurance sob story, the fact that I will be out of pocket because of the DVLA delays and that even now they're going to delay further. I told them that they are supposed to issue a number with 2 working days and that even though they're two weeks late, they suggesting at least another two working days. All I need is the Reg Number can you do just that today?

The result? I now have a registration number by email. The paperwork will follow some time, but my insurers have agreed to stop the cancellation of the policy so all is well. For now. I get an age related plate too!

Bluemoon

posted on 25/1/13 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
I phoned them and got the whole closing down sob story. They're closing at the end of December, peolple have been leaving etc. We've got your application and will process it as soon as posible. 'So today?' I ask. No, some time next week. This is where the conversation turned. I gave them my own insurance sob story, the fact that I will be out of pocket because of the DVLA delays and that even now they're going to delay further. I told them that they are supposed to issue a number with 2 working days and that even though they're two weeks late, they suggesting at least another two working days. All I need is the Reg Number can you do just that today?

The result? I now have a registration number by email. The paperwork will follow some time, but my insurers have agreed to stop the cancellation of the policy so all is well. For now. I get an age related plate too!

Blimy service is much improved from my many months waiting a few years back... Had to beg insurance company as DVLA did'nt want to know...

Bizarro

posted on 25/1/13 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Glad you got it sorted, now for some fun

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.