Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx12r a1 loom
zx12r fiesta

posted on 20/3/16 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
zx12r a1 loom

hi there new to the forum and looking for abit of advice if possible, basically the problem that iam having is ive got a mk1 fiesta with a 2000 a1 zx12r motor in the back which ive been building for the last 3 years the ,
original wiring loom was a complete mess so i brought a new loom of ebay which said a1 2000 zx12r, gone to plug it all in and check before adapting it to suit the fiesta and the problem is that i cant get the fuel pump to prime once the ignition is switched on after further investigation ive noticed that the loom looks a little different as my old loom had had 4 plugs for the switch gears 2 for the left and 2 for the right,
but this loom only has the plugs for the left switch gear which is why i think its not priming the pump as the run switch/starter is not there to be plugged in is there different type looms for this year any help would be much appreciated as iam am completely lost thanks lawrence

Jamesc

posted on 20/3/16 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have the FI light connected? Are you using the bikes ignition switch or a different one?

Reason being that there should be a 100kOhm resistor from one of the wires... If it's missing the FI light will flash as you push the starter button/turn the key.

The other likely problem is faulty diode box... I've has both of these problems!

zx12r fiesta

posted on 20/3/16 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the reply, i was running the standard car ignition which worked before with the 100ohm resistor but i took that apart after as i was only getting the ignition lights when i turned the key all the way to the starter position i was getting the fi light flashing but only when the stand switch was not connected, but now it only turns over with no fi light and no fuel pump , what is the diode box ?

[Edited on 20/3/16 by zx12r fiesta]

wainecaplin

posted on 20/3/16 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
We have connected the resistor from the grey wire to 12v+ if that helps
twybrow

posted on 20/3/16 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Have you bypassed the safety circuits?
zx12r fiesta

posted on 21/3/16 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
By safety circuit what do you mean by that

[Edited on 21/3/16 by zx12r fiesta]

twybrow

posted on 21/3/16 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zx12r fiesta
By safety circuit what do you mean by that

[Edited on 21/3/16 by zx12r fiesta]

Neutral switch, clutch switch, side stand switch and tilt sensor. If you have not bypassed these, then that would explain why it won't fire the fuel pump. I have traced all wiring and bypassed, apart from the tilt sensor which I glued in the working orientation.

wainecaplin

posted on 21/3/16 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Hi this is my friends post but I have been helping him with the wiring it's a bit of a mess so so far we have the neutral switch is working and showing on the dash the tilt sensor is in place and working please could you tell me if the side stand and couch switch needs to be normally open or normally closed to work also we have a resistor of the correct value connected from the grey ignition to a live but what about the other wires in the ignition any help would be appreciated thanks
twybrow

posted on 21/3/16 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
I am just about to take off on a flight to LA, but i will find the posts I used as guidance. You need to start with a wiring diagram and really study it to death, following each circuit through. That should help your questions above. From what I recall, the safety circuits all need to connect to earth foe the ecu to fire it up. As for the resistor, again it is not just any old live feed - I recall this connects to th ecu so that it can detect when the starter button is pushed.
wainecaplin

posted on 21/3/16 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Ok I'll try it tonight I'm usually good with wiring but this loom is slightly different from the old one we took out thanks for your help I'll let you know when we have done it
wainecaplin

posted on 21/3/16 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi everybody thanks for your help I think we got it sorted the fuel pump is priming on startup just got to get all the lights working now wish us luck haha
twybrow

posted on 22/3/16 at 05:10 AM Reply With Quote
So, what was it and how did you solve it?
zx12r fiesta

posted on 22/3/16 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
It was the tilt sensor unplugged it and plugged it back in then it worked thanks for the help
wainecaplin

posted on 22/3/16 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
It seamed to be the tilt switch I gave it a shake unplugged it plugged it back in and she primed so I'll be bypassing that somehow
Jamesc

posted on 22/3/16 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
You can open the case carefully (not too hard to do) and fill it with something that will stop the pendulum swinging, then plug it back in.

[Edited on 22/3/16 by Jamesc]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.