Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Titan K series ITBs. butterfly discs help
Mikef

posted on 31/3/16 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
Titan K series ITBs. butterfly discs help

Morning all.

I have a set of the above with discs that are leaking, they had been played with in the past by unknown person. Titan keep no spares for these, any help sourcing 4 butterfly's would be a great help. Not sure if any other make such as Weber would do the job. Any help or input gratefully received.

britishtrident

posted on 31/3/16 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
If are just off centre you can slightly slacken of the screws that clamp the disc and snap the throttle open and closed a couple of times then hold it closed while you are tighten the screws.

This works for SU and Weber carbs so should work on throttle bodies.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Mikef

posted on 31/3/16 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
I am afraid it is more than this, I can get a 0.6mm feller gauge down the side of one of them. So would be impossible to balance and Un mappable.Really do need to source new ones or an alternative, of find someone who could make 4. Be a real shame to have to bin them for lack of the butterflies.
Mikef

posted on 31/3/16 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry about the typos on above post, teach me to do it on my phone. I am sure you all know what I mean.
Theshed

posted on 31/3/16 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
If you are sure they are not just badly positioned but have worn or been modified why not get new ones laser or water cut? You could take the best fitting one photocopy/ convert to pdf/convert to DWG and there you go.....

I doubt whether anybody would file the edges of a throttle disk - that is the sort of fun we used to have with carbs.

Can you take out the spindles and see whether they seal without them?

Theshed

posted on 31/3/16 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Come to think of it isn't somebody from Titan a member on here? Perhaps you could beg for the CAD file?
Mikef

posted on 31/3/16 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Very helpful. Thanks. Believe me they have been filed.
Mikef

posted on 1/4/16 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Having now spoken to Titan, they just told me they had no spares, good bye. I have spoken with Jenvey and they were very helpful even though it was not their product. They have suggested that they have a look at butterfly and see what they can do re replacements. Now that's what I call service.
Theshed

posted on 1/4/16 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
Do a member search using Titan as a search term. You will find Nick. He gives a personal e-mail address. I have seen many helpful posts from him. I am sure that if Titan cannot supply spares they would be able to provide a CAD file - or even a drawing.
02GF74

posted on 1/4/16 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
What diameter is the choke? Discs are available for different diameter, both metric and imperial for SU, weber, dellorto carbs so it may be possible to match. You may need to solder up the holes and drill thrm in correct place.

CAD drawing will give you disc shape but the discs, certainly SU have bevelled edge that you will not recreate by filing.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.