Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wishbone Jigs
James

posted on 17/10/02 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Wishbone Jigs

Hey Folks,

Is there a better way of making wishbone jigs than that shown in The Book?

All info greatfully recieved,

Thanks,
James

Nick Davison

posted on 17/10/02 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
I have no idea! but I do have a set suitable for cortina hubs for sale, they are chrome plated if you are interested.
Nick

Alan B

posted on 19/10/02 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
Hey Folks,

Is there a better way of making wishbone jigs than that shown in The Book?

All info greatfully recieved,

Thanks,
James

James, yes there are much better ways!
I'll elaborate later! Remind me If I forget

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 19/10/02 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
OK, the biggest problem I see is locating the inside bushes. You would be better using a couple of extra std. suspension brackets welded to a plate with a long rod through the holes to line it all up and on the right centres. (In other words duplicating part of the frame)

You will then need to make 4 stepped plugs that a)fit in the tubes, b)have a small flange to make up the gap in the bracket, and c)have a hole through to match the brackets.

The rest can be pretty similar to the book, but this way will line up your bushes well.

The downside of course is that it's more work, but it's pretty much what did and the parts went together very easily.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 20/10/02 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Alan,
Hmmm, good idea about using the suspension brackets. I was thinking of doing an equivalent with wood originally but I guess metal would be better. I'll give that a go today.

Nick,
Thanks for the offer- I'd take you up on it but I've got to custom design my wishbones to fit my chassis design. Chrome ones would be nice.

Cheers,

James

bass

posted on 20/10/02 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
make the bottom w/bones first, leave the steel tube you are using for bushes in one piece(343mm long) weld up and cut center piece after welding. the tube you cut out will fit in top w/bone

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.