Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: www.donorspares.co.uk
bazwaz

posted on 29/1/05 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
www.donorspares.co.uk

I recently ordered a head gasket set from them off e-bay for my xe engine. As i needed the gaskets urgently and they stated "NEXT DAY DELIVERY BY SECURICOR" at a postage cost of £8.99 i paid instantly using paypal. The gaskets arrived nearly a week later delivered 2 class wrapped in a piece of second hand cardboard at a cost of £2.00. After complaining , amongst other reasons he said that he likes to make a bit of profit. I've no compaint with the goods but the only reason i bought from him was for the next day day delivery which never happened. I have reported him to e-bay.
Barry.

scoobyis2cool

posted on 29/1/05 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
That's the trouble with ebay, the dishonest ba**ards that use it to rip people off!

Hope you get some money back off ebay, they're usually pretty good with that sort of thing. I've had people not pay and they refund my sales charges no questions asked.

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 29/1/05 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
doesnt the proprietor post on this forum occationally? correct me if im wrong...

andyharding

posted on 29/1/05 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
I got a brand new Zetec sump from them off Ebay that had bits of old gasket on it and oil in it!

Now this is on here it might stop a few more people getting ripped off.

[Edited on 29/1/05 by andyharding]

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

JoelP

posted on 29/1/05 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=11891

your not the only one then...

ChrisW

posted on 29/1/05 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think he dares frequent this forum any more after the state the carb he sent me was in

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
shortie

posted on 29/1/05 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey, just read the link in JoelP's post and saw this bit....

>>>>>

not always good!!
i got a seized rear sierra caliper (duely replaced which was fair) and a driveshaft that was badly dented on the pressed steel bit, and the outer joint was a bit stiff still is).
also asked for full steering column and rack, just got upper collumn and rack (guess i shoulda been more specific)
all parts quite rusty and in need of pretty substantial attention.

>>>>>>

I got the same dented driveshaft which I had to get replaced!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 29/1/05 by shortie]

marc n

posted on 29/1/05 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
we tend to have at least 10 sierras in bits at any one time, all parts sold working and usable, and can be blast cleaned etc

we also do good deals on recon brake parts

best regards

marc

[Edited on 29/1/05 by marc n]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.