Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: stafford
PaulBuz

posted on 12/3/05 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
stafford

Does anyone know the opening time of the show in the morning. (Sun)?

ATB
Paul

RogerM

posted on 12/3/05 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Open to the public 10am. Cars for internal stands need to be parked by 9:30am
4bturbo

posted on 12/3/05 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
just got back from the show it was really good...
luego got a good stand...
definately going to be purchasing the IRS mod for by chassis....going to save me a whole heap of hassle and time...
£9 entrance is worth every penny

[Edited on 12/3/05 by 4bturbo]

smart51

posted on 12/3/05 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
wasn't the best show I've been to.Almost no owners clubs attended. V few kits being shown outside. This is the first time I've been to Stafford. Donnington seemed to be a better show to me.
bob

posted on 12/3/05 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Owners clubs tend to go to Stoneleigh/Newark and harrogate,Donington gets a few clubs but this year the show at donington is in the middle of october which may put off the die hard campers who normally attend for the weekend.

rusty nuts

posted on 12/3/05 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Is the show any better than the last couple of years? not sure if it's worth the trip again this year?
dern

posted on 12/3/05 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
If I hadn't of been collecting stuff from MNR then I would have been pretty disappointed. Stonleigh is much better imo.

What did everyone think of MNR's new yellow car (can't remember the name), I thought it looked fantastic,

Regards,

Mark

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zetec

posted on 12/3/05 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry folks I thought it was a rather poor event. Even half the trade stall section was empty, the rest was usual cheap tool stuff. It has always played second fiddle to Stoneleigh/Donny but if I'd known about it this year would not have bothered. Turnout for club stands was almost zero, not even the RH boys about!
bazwaz

posted on 12/3/05 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
What do you mean "no Robin Hoods About".There were about 30 Robin Hoods parked inside the hall!
smart51

posted on 12/3/05 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
The new car was called Tryton or somthing with a Y instead of an I. It looed really good actually but somewhat too extrovert for me.

I was really impressed with the standard of their GRP, so much so that I'm thinking of buying a VortX rather than an Indy.

flange nut

posted on 12/3/05 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
Well I thought it was a cr*p show. Worst one I've been to, couldn't even get some half inch UNF bolts!! The trade section was only about half full. I don't think I will be going to Stafford again.
andy d (rizla)

posted on 12/3/05 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
dont blame ya smart51 thats why i bought one

and want one of them new tytans awsome car,it put the other gt types to shame

great show the actual number of robin hoods was 37 inside and 8 outside(not enough room

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zetec

posted on 13/3/05 at 04:08 AM Reply With Quote
My try harder to hunt down the Hoods next time!
PaulBuz

posted on 13/3/05 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Just got back.
Went with a big list, a pocket full of cash & an empty boot.
came back with a big list, a pocket full of cash & a virtually empty boot.

........Very,VERY disapointed
Won't be going to Stafford show again.

ATB
Paul

locoboy

posted on 13/3/05 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
the only reason i will be going to Stafford next year is because its the deadline i have set myself for having my car completed.

I have been to that show for the last 6 years and it has got worse and worse as the years go on.

The number of stands being occupied by companies who have no connection whatsoever with the kit car industry is getting beyond a joke - i was sorely tempted to approach the person working on the stand where they were selling regular everyday clothing and ask 'What the F**k are you doing here?' but i managed to contain myself.

and as for the guy with the stand selling bloody plastic farm animals WTF?

Maybe it is that fact that they were struggling to fill the number of stand spaces but i wold rather a show in a smaller hall but full of stuff thats relevant and not cheap shyte that you can go to your local sunday car boot sale and get.

First £9 of the year wasted.

ATB
Locoboy

Triton

posted on 13/3/05 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Stoneleigh is the only show worth bothering with, the rest are a complete waste of everyone's time and effort . Donington scrapes thru only by the fact the track is open on the Sunday.
Triton

posted on 13/3/05 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Flange Nut,
Best place in Northampton for 1/2unf nuts n bolts is Metcalfes if you can stand the loons that work there!

clbarclay

posted on 13/3/05 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
First dedicated kit car show i've been to, so by the sound of it, it can only get better.

For £9 I picked up some useful info (most of you probably knew it already though), but was left wondering whether there was another hall hidden out of site.

Marcus

posted on 13/3/05 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't go this year, promised myself not to as last years show was pitiful, sounds like I made the right decision!
I agree Stoneleigh is very good if you need bits.
For a club atmosphere, Newark is the one to go to. Locosts outnumber Westfields, and we're usually parked next to them.
Donington is ok for the track experience (I'm giving it a go this year) and the surprise of last year was Harrogate. They seem to be getting their act together.

Marcus

PS Sorry about the Northern bias, I din't get to Exeter or Detling

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

andy d (rizla)

posted on 13/3/05 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
detling should be good this year,nice new large hall and lots of manufacturers
Rob Lane

posted on 14/3/05 at 01:08 AM Reply With Quote
Last minute decision and Dean C and I went to the Stoneleigh Restoration Show.

Well worth it, three halls and outside area full of stalls. Some very good bits to be had and £8 entrance, £1 saved.

I think this is why many stalls missed Stafford, they were at Stoneleigh.

Dillinger1977

posted on 14/3/05 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
stafford

I went to stafford today, first show so far and since i'd seen the saturday comments I didnt get my hopes up.

It was good for me to see the cars, sit in a few (i have height issues!), and chat to some of the owners.
I was particularly impressed with MNR's VortX (R1) and Raw's Striker as im after something that'd be good on the track, and the owners were very decent chaps!

ned

posted on 14/3/05 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
well, glad i spent the time at home working on the car chassis is nearly finished now, just ran out of mig wire -again!

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

splitrivet

posted on 14/3/05 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Lane
Last minute decision and Dean C and I went to the Stoneleigh Restoration Show.

Well worth it, three halls and outside area full of stalls. Some very good bits to be had and £8 entrance, £1 saved.

I think this is why many stalls missed Stafford, they were at Stoneleigh.

So thats where woolies were,seeeing as I urgently needed some stuff off em.

I agree crap show, wont bother next year.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

clbarclay

posted on 14/3/05 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dillinger1977
It was good for me to see the cars, sit in a few (i have height issues!),

If your talking about cars like the complete MK indy on display, don't worry about your height, I'm 6'2" and found the top of the dash a little high. Long legs=shorter body.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.