I'v never been to a Locost race before.

SUPERB

Cheers

Paul G Rescued attachment snetty-9-10-05-001s.jpg
Rescued attachment snetty-9-10-05-001s.jpg

Rob Palin

posted on 10/10/05 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Hello Paul

I'm the blue & black car (no. 47) who's about 5th from the front in that picture. I must confess i wasn't really looking forward to Snetterton as i've not enjoyed the racing there so much before but this weekend was absolutely brilliant.

In our first race on Saturday i had a race-long battle with Michael Paige (no. 82) where we swapped positions at almost every corner and 3 times we were side-by-side through the Bomb Hole and once through Coram too. Just brilliant fun.

The other three(!) races were almost as good too, though my big off on the exit of Coram in Sunday's Heat was not the kind of excitement i was looking for!!! Overall though a great way to end the season!

Rob

DickieB

posted on 10/10/05 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
It was my worst weekend - but then I suppose it was my first without a car!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DrunknMunky

posted on 10/10/05 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Snetterton was also the first Locost race I'd been to.
I really wish I had started racing when I had the chance. Oh well, can't afford it now.

My pictures from Saturday are available from http://www.jstafford.plus.com/snetterton/
The quality isn't all that great on some of them but I'm still trying to get to grips with the new camera.

posted on 10/10/05 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Palin
Hello Paul

I'm the blue & black car (no. 47) who's about 5th from the front in that picture. I must confess i wasn't really looking forward to Snetterton as i've not enjoyed the racing there so much before but this weekend was absolutely brilliant.

In our first race on Saturday i had a race-long battle with Michael Paige (no. 82) where we swapped positions at almost every corner and 3 times we were side-by-side through the Bomb Hole and once through Coram too. Just brilliant fun.

The other three(!) races were almost as good too, though my big off on the exit of Coram in Sunday's Heat was not the kind of excitement i was looking for!!! Overall though a great way to end the season!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes I spotted your car in the race (47) and had a walk down the pits at lunchtime. Found it,
but there was no one around, in the bar I suppose.

Had a look for Nick as well (57) as it said in the program that he's from Sudbury, my local town.
(In the bar with you? )

I did have a chat with Ernie, (67) and picked up a tip or two on wiring cars. Nice chap.

It seems I have a thing about numbers ending in 7.

Thanks again for a great day out.

Paul G

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.