Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike pump
roadrunner

posted on 3/12/06 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Bike pump

I've had a zx6 pump fitted for a couple of weeks now and it has decided to give up the ghost, i have fixed it directly to the chassis next to the tank and wondered if it was this type of fixing that caused it to become faulty , cheers,
GavBurns

posted on 3/12/06 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
I think most bike pumps are rubber mounted, so possibly if it's fixed direct to chassis.

Go BEC you'll never look back (literally)!!

JimM

posted on 4/12/06 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Has anyone taken a picture of their bike pump installation - I'm just about to fit one to my kit but now looks like I need to support it from vibration? How have others done this?
alister667

posted on 4/12/06 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
The main problem I've seen with bike fuel pumps is positioning, in that they are good at pumping but bad at sucking the fuel. Because of this they should be placed where they can be fed by gravity (ie low down) and then they can pump up to the carbs.

Mine is mounted via a clip onto the chassis low down beside the engine. It's done 10k mile son the road, races and trackdays no problems, so they can be reliable enough. If it was sensitive to vibration, mine would have packed in a long time ago :-)

Here's a pic from my build years ago!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.